Left 4 Dead

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
We'll be putting up a server for this. Who is getting the game?

I will be getting it.

I am actually wondering... can you specify what server you want to connect to when you want to play a game?

The current system searches for random servers as far as I could see - i.e. you can't say "I want to play on this server."

It just hooks you up to an empty one from the lobby when you want to play...

Not sure, I just started playing it about 30 minutes ago. Hop on Steam, maybe we can play some CO-OP together :D.

I saw you playing but your server was full :)

I'm writing some school stuff right now though, maybe later tonight we can have a zombie party with some others from TBG :-D

I wanna play tonight... i have to go to a stupid b-day party and then i'll be on. Only 1 round though... big day tomorrow.

HAHA - for some reason i thought you were talking about COD.

I watched the trailer for Left 4 Dead... I hate scary games.

ya cant wait to get a server for it!

Lets see who else will be getting it

Look on youtube for footage!

Just get the demo,

Trust me, footage looks kinda gay, flat, and stupid (it did to me anyway), but when you actually play it with other people it's not comparable to any footage at all.

I actually expected this to suck badly from trailers and such but it's lots of fun.

too bad the coop is only for 4 players. 16 players big maps and hordes running at you would be a blast.

i hope the full game supports more than 4 players. Its source engine so really customizable and modifiable

DAMMIT. Why the hell did I buy cod5 if your just going to run a co-op server for a dif game? ARGHHHH

I read up on it and I think the full game will have a "deathmatch" mode of sorts, where there will be a team of zombie "monsters" and a team of "survivors" but I'm not sure about details.

If we decide to run a coop server though, I don't think it's actually going to mean anything for us, because if they keep the current system, you can't even specify which server to connect to - it supposedly looks for the lowest ping unpopulated one and starts the game there... no server selection dialog.

Dude that game looks sick. I am so getting it. I was waiting for a zombie game like that to come out.

It's called "Versus" mode and it's 4vs4 max. 4 survivors and 4 players who can control zombies - you can choose between boomer, hunter, smoker and tank... and basically do the job instead of the AI.

BTW there is a traditional server browser which apparently currently doesn't allow you to join empty servers. It was quick-fixed by Valve after people complained that the process of joining a server (random) is annoying. Hopefully they'll expand it to a proper menu option by release or later.

For now, to access it:
"Simply enable developer console by going to Options, then Keyboard/Mouse, then 'Enable Developer Console'.

After that, hit the ~ key to open up the console and type in "openserverbrowser" (no quotes). This opens up the server browser you all know and love. Right now, all games are listed under the Custom tab."

- left4dead411.com

Here's a vid of the Versus mode too. It used to be available via an exploit in the demo (!) but Valve patched it so it no longer works.

[yt=480,385]H2doGzoRf2Q[/yt]

I love this game :D. We should definitely get a game going later today :).

Back