I Guess I've Been Off The Forums For A While

RimGreaper5000

I'll preface this by saying that I would have responded to the other unban threads and stuff - but those arrogant assholes pissed off x=FAST=x too quickly and got the threads closed before I got a chance to respond.

I find it extremely interesting that there are so many douchebags that are coming in here talking trash the way they do, wether it be for an unban, or just to call x=FAST=x a hack.. When did -|TBG|- become the punching bag of 2142? I'm not seeing us as a community out there doing anything else but playing the game well, and being as diplomatic as possible in all other matters.

Personally I think it's pure hatred - hatred of themselves that they lack the professionalism that is mandated here, and hatred that they lack the level of skill that most of out members have. I also think that some of these guys have applied, then were subsequently denied entry into the clan.

One can deduce that individuals that come here and talk trash:
a) are immature
b) are ill-tempered / retarded
c) are assholes
d) are people who forget that in the end, it's just a game.
e) were not held enough as a child

I see trash talking going on all the time. Now, in game - I'm way more tolerant because the action is constant and people get frustrated easily. But after reading these posts, that tolerance is wearing quite thin.

Blatent disrespect to -|TBG|- members (or pretty much anyone) , I have absolutely NO tolerance for. I mean, we all get pissed because some jerkoff keeps knifing, APMing, RDXing and, for a tanker like me, jihading you (yes balls, I'm talking about you). Yes, it's annoying as all hell, but to take it to the next level, come here and start ranting and raving about how you had a few bad rounds? Whooptie-muthafuckin-do! It's not personal, it's a game. I wish mofos would start realizing this.

A word to future assholes looking to talk shit: There an old saying - "Posession is 9/10 of the law".

We have possession - of our servers, and the ability to kick or ban whoever the fuck we want to. You may want to wake to this fact and stop coming here to talk shit.

Damn Rim, concise intelligent thought. Certainly none of the smacktards would ever understand it. We all appreciate it though.

Most of these people are kids; they don't even know what respect and rules. And yea we all get pissed when we get hammered a few times...Rim. I take it to personal when somebody gets me; I will cross the map and find them. Except Falcon & Fast they are just hoes.

I agree almost wholeheartedly with your presentation. I think the real problem here is that online games bring out the absolute worst in people for one reason: anonymity. How much do we REALLY know about the people that come to our servers and play? Nothing. We have nothing but a hastily created pseudonym and possibly a region if we check their IP. But other than that we know nothing about them other than that their personalities are a terrible amalgam of incomplete thoughts and high school-esque insecurities.

And why are they so hostile? Why do they seem so brave in the face of a clan made primarily of servicemen and 2nd Amendment fans? Simple. They have a computer between them and us. Most of these little twerps wouldn't dream of saying any of these things to our faces. Reminds me of an old quote...

It is easy to be brave behind a castle wall. - Welsh proverb

Boon, I couldn't agree more. Anonymity is very comforting in an online community. And to combat this, there is security in numbers - hence the clans.

I guess it's the immaturity that gets me the most. If you can't take the heat of the 2142 kitchen, then go play Chutes and Ladders or Candyland. This is war. There's no mercy, no apologies, and we take no prisoners. Kill or be killed - period.

Adding to Balls' comment - as they used to say in TX all the time - "If the truth hurts, change it!" If you get blasted out by someone repeatedly, or even once, just go hunt them down and kill them - actions speak louder than words (even if you type in caps).

I'm thinking that Lex's video of that German kid represents the vast majority of these little bastards I'm referring to.

I hate that video Erik. But yea I agree with Rim. I know before I joined I hated playing on TBG cuz I got my ass handed to me all the time. But the more you play with better players the better you get. I actually hit Falcons gunship last night, didn't kill him, but hey it's an improvement right?

Back