Hmm BF 2142. $.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still play regularly. There is one Titan server and one CQ server worth playing on in the US. They're usually close to full.

The only thing that concerns me is that with GameSpy shutting down there may no longer be multiplayer come May. EA hasn't announced if they're going to pick up the slack so people can still play 1942, BF2, 2142, and BC2. They all utilize GameSpy.

I'm wondering if that's why it's so cheap.

Did they ever undo the last "Patch" that broke the game and forced everyone into their next title?

I still play regularly. There is one Titan server and one CQ server worth playing on in the US. They're usually close to full.

The only thing that concerns me is that with GameSpy shutting down there may no longer be multiplayer come May. EA hasn't announced if they're going to pick up the slack so people can still play 1942, BF2, 2142, and BC2. They all utilize GameSpy.

I'm wondering if that's why it's so cheap.

I never installed the game spy part of the game. It would be messed up to sell something. Knowing it's not going to work in a month.

Mac it still has the 1.51 patch. Game works with the same issues.

I dont think bc2 multiplayer runs on GameSpy's network. It runs on their plasma back end whatever that is.

Did they ever undo the last "Patch" that broke the game and forced everyone into their next title?

I'm not sure what you mean. The last patch didn't break anything. It fixed the right side air transport gun and added some maps.

And Fast I think you're correct with the BC2 being unaffected. The first article I read said it was then others said it wasn't.

Sid, I never installed the GameSpy stuff either. The problem is that the backend GameSpy stuff is used to login for multiplayer and also used for the server browser. There are some people working on 3rd party fixes so we'll see.

I never installed the game spy part of the game. It would be messed up to sell something. Knowing it's not going to work in a month.

Mac it still has the 1.51 patch. Game works with the same issues.

To the messed up part. I have gone into Best Buy stores and seen games that were already shutdown (no servers0 Still sold for the full price on the shelves.

for that price, I went ahead and picked it up.

tried to play bf2 the other day, the latest nivida drivers are causing graphical errors, not sure about 2142 tho.

tried to play bf2 the other day, the latest nivida drivers are causing graphical errors, not sure about 2142 tho.
Damn, I thought about putting PR on this machine....Thanks for the heads up doak

I will install mine

Nice!!! You can find us on Dethklok. I have to play under another name to have fun and have no tags. The game is peaceful with out me playing as SID. People still hating on TBG for all the years of ass whooping we gave.

My first day back in years I went 33 and 1 (Which ant shit to the 88 and 1 I'm use to). By the end of the round the server turned on me and started saying all TBG players hack and are BS. Thank god the people that run that server still love us and never banned me :)

Fast people ask me about you. I just tell them to come here and say Hi then.

Last edited:
Nice!!! You can find us on Dethklok. I have to play under another name to have fun and have no tags (DaChicagoKid). Please don't lead on to who I am. The game is peaceful with out me playing as SID. People still hating on TBG for all the years of ass whooping we gave.

My first day back in years I went 33 and 1 (Which ant shit to the 88 and 1 I'm use to). By the end of the round the server turned on me and started saying all TBG players hack and are BS. Thank god the people that run that server still love us and never banned me :)

Copy, I wont use tags, but I am keeping the handle

You can use tags and shouldn't catch any wind. I've just killed a lot of people in the GS and there puss still hurts.

COPY...i am a newb sniper on that game anyways...LOVE the rifle/scope mechanics in that game

ugh...I cant find the correct order of patches I need, this is making my blood boil!

Nice!!! You can find us on Dethklok. I have to play under another name to have fun and have no tags (DaChicagoKid). Please don't lead on to who I am. The game is peaceful with out me playing as SID. People still hating on TBG for all the years of ass whooping we gave.

Haha, somehow I knew that was you SID. I barely play much 2142 or other battlefield's these days, but I will be sure to join up in your squad when I do next. I have to use another name as well, got banned from that server because I was associated with a known ass hat (deter :p). Fortunately it wasn't permanent, but I get kicked every time I connect using the name Sonar.

You're supposed to be banned Sonar because you and your boy act like assholes. You crash servers and gain RCON access. Hell there's even a post over on the PB forums warning people about you two. If I see you there I'll ban you.

You're supposed to be banned Sonar because you and your boy act like assholes. You crash servers and gain RCON access. Hell there's even a post over on the PB forums warning people about you two. If I see you there I'll ban you.

Deter crashed the server with a known spawn beacon glitch (place down, pick up, new squad, place down, crash) all I really did was watch and the rcon.logout command in the command line does not mean you have rcon access.... Just that the server isn't configured right to refuse taking that command from someone who isn't listed as an admin.

Still you are right, I was a bit of an asshat before I stopped playing the game regularly. Also can you link that thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back