Hey guys, Doaker Reporting in!

Outlaw

Hopefully some of you guys remember me. if not im DOAker i was most active on the bf2 server, then wen i joined up with you guys i made the switch to BC2. Well if some of you remember me posting saying that i was moving and wouldn't be on, im sorta back. I have just about completed my move to onatrio from saskchewan, i have to head back there to tie up a few things and help my mom finish packing her house.

While im out there ill be getting my computer and the rest of gaming gear out of storage. Ive managed to find a place to stay for a bit here in ontario with a semi decent internet connection (one of those mobile sticks) but when i get the rest of my gear i plan on getting a getting high speed so that i able to game.

so the past few months have been a little bit challenging for my self, my going away post i said that i was working two jobs, a day job and a night job, i did that for a few months then when i had enough cash i got a plane ticket and headed to ontario. finding work out here has been a bit of challenge but i think i got some good jobs lined up. Since these months ive burned a pretty big hole in my savings account.

oh and remeber how i said i was going to donate to show my support. guses what, a month latter i got a statement from the credit card company that i applyied to denying my request, they said i didnt have a good credit score or i had no credit. Funny thing is, how does one get credit when one cant get a credit card to build his credit; and the even more funny thing is, it was student credit card LOL.

Well hope some of you remeber me, i will try and stay in touch, cant wait to hope back in the game with you guys.

Does paypal not play nice with Canadian bank accounts? I mean here check or debit cards work the same as credit and paypal will link to bank accounts to draw money AND they offer their own debit cards. Not sure how it works for canada.

Hey Bud, I think I remember you coming on the forums in the way back. Good to see your still interested.

Catch you server side bro

Good too see you are getting settled in and back to gaming soon. Good luck and see you soon.

oh and remeber how i said i was going to donate to show my support. guses what, a month latter i got a statement from the credit card company that i applyied to denying my request, they said i didnt have a good credit score or i had no credit. Funny thing is, how does one get credit when one cant get a credit card to build his credit; and the even more funny thing is, it was student credit card LOL.

I had the same problem, no credit history. Try store credit cards(amazon was the only one that would take me). They have a high APR but as long as you use them just to build credit you should be ok. Try to maintain a 20%-30% balance every month and pay it off in full every month before the due date. Just use it for regular costs like gas and groceries. In 6 months youll have a decent credit score. Oh and if you still have trouble gettin a card, try a secured card. Secured means you pay them the entire credit limit before u can even use it. This means there is no risk for the lender, and in the mean time you get to build credit.

Mind you im by no means an expert. This is just from a little research I had to do recently. If someone knows better, than feel free to jump in.

not a fan of fees/interest so I use a pre-paid visa, works just the same =P

Oh and if you still have trouble gettin a card, try a secured card. Secured means you pay them the entire credit limit before u can even use it. This means there is no risk for the lender, and in the mean time you get to build credit.

Thats how it works in the US anyways. But us broke people don't like tying up say 300 bucks just to act like its a debt.

not a fan of fees/interest so I use a pre-paid visa, works just the same =P

Never had to but yeah its a great option

Thats how it works in the US anyways. But us broke people don't like tying up say 300 bucks just to act like its a debt.

Never had to but yeah its a great option

Yah but us broke ass people (yes me included) are the ones who are gonna need loans when we buy a house in the future. Suffer a little now so you're not suffering your entire life

Yah but us broke ass people (yes me included) are the ones who are gonna need loans when we buy a house in the future. Suffer a little now so you're not suffering your entire life

I know I know. But say this year 300 bucks means one of 5 things. No PC, No TV, No cell phone if this one dies (lost my previous this past vacation) oh and No car that currently needs that much in repairs. I could skip BF3, not watch tv I cant afford not to have the other two though so my credit will have to wait :p

300 bucks is 1/3 of my monthly salary lol about as much gas as it takes just to have a crappy job. Now go fix your transmission before it blows chunks through the case and cant be repaired lol.

I know I know. But say this year 300 bucks means one of 5 things. No PC, No TV, No cell phone if this one dies (lost my previous this past vacation) oh and No car that currently needs that much in repairs. I could skip BF3, not watch tv I cant afford not to have the other two though so my credit will have to wait :p

300 bucks is 1/3 of my monthly salary lol about as much gas as it takes just to have a crappy job. Now go fix your transmission before it blows chunks through the case and cant be repaired lol.

BAH! Its not my transmission lol. Come help me get my stuck rotor off.
And yah when/if i ever have kids(there may be some out there right no in fact) establishing credit when youre young is definitely gonna be a priority lesson for them.

some good tips in here.. ill have to look in to it a bit more.. thanks for the welcome guys, cant wait to get all my gear.

Back