FarCry 2

C

cjjeans

I purchased this a while ago and never played it. I thought it was right up there with CoD:WaW (meaning I thought it was crap)

I read somewhere that you can make your own maps. So I went into multi-player and got down the controls.
Now I am fudging around with the built in map editor. I have to say its pretty cool!

I am building wake Island! Will be building Suez next.
If anybody is interested you can download from BestBuy.com
http://store.digitalriver.com/store/bbygames/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.109149200

Anybody who has it have any hints, suggestions or tips - let me know.

WAKE ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!! I believe this is finished. These screen shots dont really do it justice.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

There are a bunch of vehicles... Which is a plus for any FPS game.
No tanks, planes or apcs. There are swamp boats, fishing boats, barges, hang gliders, jeeps, dune buggies, etc.
I am in the process of building the barge out at the opening of the lagoon and the first part of the island.
I'll take screen shots for everybody when i'm done!

Making this map is more fun that bf2142 has been lately.

Is the multiplayer interesting? The basic game made me puke (especially the vehicle controls which feel like pre-alpha quality).

Well they are the same vehicles in multi-player...
16 player max... I didn't notice any type of VoiP... but then again I haven't really "played" it. Thats why we have vent anyways...

It's a shame they pretty much borked the multiplayer server browser, otherwise I probably would have played it much more.

Thinking of doing Karkand next... Nice city map will do the trick!

Actually I'll be making a Camp Gibralter map - as this is more compact and suitable for 16 players when you cut out the back 2 or 3 flags.

How long did it take you to make that CJ?

Well - since it was my first map design.
The couple of hours i spent the day before yesterday was just getting used to positioning the 3D objects and manipulating the ground levels and water levels.
I would say 7 hours in total... maybe. It also moved pretty quick cause I printed out an overview of the map i was recreating. Some people spend days and days on these things - I've read. I've decided that Camp G is my next project.

Nice! I wonder how difficult it would be to create a new vehicle model.

You are given pre-selected objects and vehicles that range from pipes to buildings to trash piles to hangers to all sorts of stuff really... There are hundreds of objects you can use - but vehicles are not something you can "mod" unfortunately...

Back