Duke Nukem?

I've ordered it but the release date isn't until the 14th of this month.

I downloaded the demo from a site. I"m not pre-ordering that shit just to get 'exclusive' access to the demo.

woot, got the demo for buying borderlands back in the day, woot woot

Its awsome actually. I love the opening scene pretty sick

I"m not pre-ordering that shit just to get 'exclusive' access to the demo.

Quit being so negative! Heaven forbid you preorder a title. The world won't end if you preoder.

Quit being so negative! Heaven forbid you preorder a title. The world won't end if you preoder.

3 years ago, I could get a demo without pre-ordering. It's not being negative, it's asking for what we had before.

If that's being negative, then so be it.

Wow. Soulzz, you're too young to sound like a crusty old man. Somebody needs a hug :)

Nope. That's curmudgeon in the HiZoue!

PS: Get out of your time capsule today is not 3 years ago and tomorrow won't be 10 years ago etc., etc.

demoooooooooooooo

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M6MjzgTZriw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

########################***********************SPOILER ALERT BELOW*********************################################

just played the demo so i figured i would give my 2 cents.

The demo was extremely short, took me the same amount of time to download and install it as it did to beat it on hard. Hard is a joke, i expect to be challenged when i select the hardest difficulty, in fact the only time i died was when i shot a rocket at my feet. Ill go through my experiences for the 2 levels

1st level (boss fight)
i wandered around the bathroom turning all the water on and playing around in there, the toilets have turds in there which after you flush the toilet you can pick up and throw around to leave big turd splatters where they hit, unfortunately i tried to hit one of the police guys to see if it would do it to him but it just bounced off him like a piece of rubber and landed on the floor. :( would have been funny to see a big turd splatter on some guys face. Moving on though i played with the mission board in the next room and found that you can use an eraser, and 5 or 6 different color markers. its hard to draw on it but im sure once people get the hang of it theres going to be some pretty cool drawings on there. After that i followed the hallways and proceeded to drink from every fountain i came across and checked doors and punched dead guys, got blasted by the boss when he was blocking my path, took the side hallway and looked around, not much to be seen, i had no weapon but it wasnt needed as the police took down any baddies quickly so i didnt have to worry much. Grab my weapon for the boss fight and jumped in the elevator to find an extremely easy fight. He stand in the center firing rockets at you except when your shooting him. when he gets to 30% or so health he starts to charge toward you, dont worry though he wont kill you if he gets you, you just get up and run away. after he charges at you he pounds on the ground shooting a slow electric ball in your direction. Oh and you get ammo drops during the fight so you never run out of ammo, if you do just run around for a few seconds till the next drop comes in. After you finally get him down you run over to him jump on his head and pull something off the back of his neck, then you kick his eye through a field goal to finish the level. I didnt bother looking around before i kick his eye so i dont know if theres any secrets in that area but i suspect not, at least for the demo.

Level 2
Starts off with driving a monster truck through a ravine, space ships are dropping troops to shoot at you and breaking the cliff walls which result in boulders rolling toward you, the troops are easy, dodge or run them over, the boulders move slow so just drive around them i didnt hit any on the way through but i drove into the wall a couple of times. at the end of the ravine you come to a jump and then your truck runs out of gas.
When you get out of your truck you have a pistol and theres a railgun nearby, i looked around for a bit and couldnt find anything interesting, seems they just want you to play straight through and not explore at all. The enemy has some machine guns, both mounted and carried, you can get a railgun, shotgun, pistol, machine gun, shrink ray, and rocket launcher in the first area before going into the caves, shrink ray is garbage except for sheer amusement, the MG has 200 rounds and runs out quick, pistol is fun and powerful, the shotgun is good up close, the railgun has a 3 round clip and is a 1 shot kill presumably anywhere you hit, i hit a guy in the leg and he died. rocketlauncher can lock onto the enemy whether it be a ship or just some guy running around. before you get to the caves you have to blow up a space ship which acts as a bridge to get into the new area. it takes time but is very easy, you get the rocket launcher at that point and have an ammo crate right next to it with plenty of cover, you shouldnt die unless you run out in the open for to long. after you take down the ship you go into the cave.
The cave is short, you go in find a minecart that has a few barrels in it, relieve it of its barrels by picking them up and throwing them out. Then you push it up the hill and get in it. pull the lever and you jump over a piece of broken track to grab some gas for your truck, theres some spider type bugs that come out once you pick up the gas, the rocket launcher is garbage in there, the best combo would probably be the shotgun and machine gun. Kill the bugs and a piece of scaffolding falls to reveal the way out, then you go up there and push another mine cart up a hill, jump in and it brings you all the way back to your truck which has 2 enemies shooting at it, kill them, put the gas in the truck and your done. i expected to have a bit more fun than i did in this.

My final review of the demo would be that if the game is going to play like the demo then i wouldnt waste my money, it will be quick, and easy.

A video for you that have not played or wonder what it's about;

<object classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' width='480' height='385' id='cb_embed_player1' name='cb_embed_player1'><param name='movie' value='http://gamersloop.com//player/jw_smart/player-viral.swf'><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true'><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always'><param name='flashvars' value='file=http://gamersloop.com//files/videos/13035032446ff79.flv'><embed id='cb_embed_player1' name='cb_embed_player1' src='http://gamersloop.com//player/jw_smart/player-viral.swf' width='480' height='385' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' flashvars='file=http://gamersloop.com//files/videos/13035032446ff79.flv' /></object>

Back