Diagnosed with Lung cancer

muggingstick

Yesterday we finally received the diagnosis that our dear brother has lung cancer stage 2. At this stage, what possible medical help is beneficial? We were advised by his doctors on what treatments to undergo. But we are so confused right now on what's the best thing to do.

Hi muggingstick sorry to hear this.

I don't know much but stage 2 will require quick attention. Stage 2 means it hasn't spread critically to my knowledge. I would follow the doctors' advice as they are they are the professionals.

Stay strong

Yesterday we finally received the diagnosis that our dear brother has lung cancer stage 2. At this stage, what possible medical help is beneficial? We were advised by his doctors on what treatments to undergo. But we are so confused right now on what's the best thing to do.
What state do you live in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Brother They do wonders now a days I'm a survivor. Not lung but I know at stage two is in time for them to do what they do. Prayer dosent hurt either. Fight the fight

I didn't have lung but I had stage 2 Papillary thyroid cancer. I beat it. I had to go through chemo and a couple radiation treatments. It was painful and at one point I did want to give up, but one of my close friends (now my fiancee) kept pushing me and supporting me. I was declared cancer free in December of 2016. Honestly, I think it was one of the biggest turning points of my life and in a good way. Best of luck man

So sorry to hear that. did the doctor advice surgery? then chemotherapy?

There is a node on his left lung and surgery is recommended. Chemo will follow afterward. He's very depressed right now and we are all encouraging him to look on the positive side of things. I said to him if he really needs professional help to sort his feelings, I have encountered this site - BetterHelp - and they provide online counseling for situations like this. I hope I am doing right.

Back