CoD Black Ops Servers Need your opinions!!!!

Frit0z

Ok we are getting 2 Black ops servers at launch. We are still undecided as of the modes because we dont know whats going to be supported for Ranked. If anyone has any info on that let us know.

Right now we are thinking of a Free For all, and either Gun Game if its supported or Team Deathmatch.

Edit: Decision is CTF Hardcore and TDM Hardcore. Thank you for all your input.

I would like input from our COD 5 regulars. We were thinking 1 normal 1 hardcore TDM. But then i'm like well the guys from COD 5 like hardcore so I think keep hardcore and have a new mode instead the same old TDM.
I would say FFA and TDM hardcore. 18 slots for FFA should be perfect size

Why not one HC TDM, and have the other rotate around for a while? There are lots of new modes, you could switch them around and put it to a vote later or something.

Thanks for this thread and for new Black Ops servers. I will donate some more bucks in a bit. Been getting back into the WaW server and loving it.

Wager matches, including gungame can only run off Treyarch servers it seems.

I prefer softcore actually, it seems hardcore in WaW isn't nearly as hardcore as Mw2. I'm not sure if you guys have it modified to be hardcore but with more health or not but it seems that way, people take a few shots to die, I like it as it us though. Mw2 hardcore is one bullet from any gun drops you no matter where you get hit.

I remember you guys saying you put the CTF server up as a test or something like that and it is now one of the highest ranked WaW servers, maybe try a CTF server?

As far as mixed gametypes and map choices, doubt this will be possible on ranked.

yea see that is the problem. The fact that they introduced ranked blows because you are limited what you can do unlike cod 4 or 5

I know there is domination, CTF, HeadQuaters, TDM, and FFA as far as I know. Yeah we actually modified certain things for the hardcore on COD 5. Sadly you can't do that on ranked it seems. Only unranked and I think the general crowd wants ranked.

How about seeing the game first - I'm not even buying the game until I get a review. Will save hours of endless server changing, disapointment, complaining, missed expectations, etc. so on and so forth.

yeah no point having a public unranked at launch, people want to rank up, gain money so they will want to play on a ranked server.

the problem is for ranked everything is still done through playlists. Cod4 and 5 had ranked and unranked servers, the only thing that determined unranked though was having a mod installed.

we are going one ranked for pub and one unranked for private to start, brs that is.

Are stats portable? (this time?) Is a big question as far as ranked vs. unranked.

If that's the case then I would assume unranked servers are basically worthless.

...but believeing and assuming are dangerous

bump - need more input!

I saw a video of all the wager matches, and they look super fun! Only problem is, they are limited to 6 players.

This game does look much closer to MW2 than W@W though...I'm not pleased about that. But it still looks fun and the bigger maps and more players with lower pings make the game more of a winner than MW2.

I think wager match are done on Treyarchs own servers. I don't believe you can host them. And we wouldn't want to host a 6 slot server

I think wager match are done on Treyarchs own servers. I don't believe you can host them. And we wouldn't want to host a 6 slot server

Yeah, I was hinting that maybe you guys shouldn't/wouldn't. :p

Any consensus on decisions? It sounds like the HC TDM is pretty much a shoe-in, but what about the other one? They have a barebones mode with no killstreaks, that would be cool for a more "spam free" environment.

domination and headquaters never gave me that spark. I think what we have left from other views is CTF or FFA. TDM seems pretty solid.

Well, FFA servers always seem to be hit and miss (as far as staying populated). At least in my limited opinion. If I had any say, I would pull for CTF.

Get some clan matches organized with some other clans, and I would apply for a spot with TBG. :p

Are wager games only 6 slot games? And really only on Treyarch? I would figure ( if done right ) this is going to be popular.

Is there a TDM mode?

If we get enough people who purchase this game, perhaps :)
True, I only see Butter Cup and you and Fritoz playing World at War. I just sent Gunslinger a PM asking him if he is going to jump ship back over to COD. :p

Well, if some copies of this game happen to fall off the back of a truck, I'll send one your way. :)

Back