Caution on latest windows update (KB3201845)

bot102

Like an idiot I installed the update right when MS sent it down. Got stuck in a never ending login loop.

After a few hours of battling in safe mode I was able to get the update unistalled. Just to sit in a windows update screen for another hour before my PC finally booted.

Saw this after I did the update.

0ac298ae0cf1cb356462efa44e27dfe7.jpg

Then this was waiting at 68% for an hour after getting it uninstalled.

a188e4719ad962db453844670b737092.jpg

HOT DAMN I WAS ABLE TO LOG ON

b6eec2f071d5ac6bd208eaaf77c76985.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Great. I chose "update and shut down" as my shut down option this morning.

Glad I didn't upgrade to 10....lol
Why lol 7 is not immune to shit like this. I always love the updates that break windows updates. Not to mention this can occur via a silent involuntary update since XP

I Dont Update
"In recent days, Windows Update (WU) started altering files on users’ systems without displaying any dialog box to request permission. The only files that have been reportedly altered to date are nine small executables on XP and nine on Vista that are used by WU itself. Microsoft is patching these files silently, even if auto-updates have been disabled on a particular PC."

That was 9 years ago. As far as i know microsoft has retained the ability to silently push any update they want if you are connected to the internet. I can never find it anymore but I specifically remember an update that was pushed and recalled that broke windows update. So in my eyes W10 forced updates aren't that new or scary.

"In recent days, Windows Update (WU) started altering files on users’ systems without displaying any dialog box to request permission. The only files that have been reportedly altered to date are nine small executables on XP and nine on Vista that are used by WU itself. Microsoft is patching these files silently, even if auto-updates have been disabled on a particular PC."

That was 9 years ago. As far as i know microsoft has retained the ability to silently push any update they want if you are connected to the internet. I can never find it anymore but I specifically remember an update that was pushed and recalled that broke windows update. So in my eyes W10 forced updates aren't that new or scary.

Now the even more fun part comes with the Intel's "anti-theft" boards that allow for remote access to the system...

I guess it affects some users but not others. I must have just drawn the short straw.

Wonderful world of the PC/Windows. I updated and all is well. Fingers always crossed.

borked my drive making it "inacessible" I did a repair installation that supposedly kept my files but didn't. So now I get to download BF1 again tonight after work Fuck you very much Microsoft.

Microsoft use to have a team to test this stuff before they pushed it out so it all worked but they fired all of them all because its just cheaper to push out a crap updates and use us as guinea pigs for error reports THEN they actually fix it and push out the regular version. Its pretty much why i use win 10 enterprise instead of home or pro. i can turn windows updates completely off.

Microsoft use to have a team to test this stuff before they pushed it out so it all worked but they fired all of them all because its just cheaper to push out a crap updates and use us as guinea pigs for error reports THEN they actually fix it and push out the regular version. Its pretty much why i use win 10 enterprise instead of home or pro. i can turn windows updates completely off.

Everything is tested in 2 stages by the public before getting pushed to home and well before pushing to Enterprise. They cant say they didn't have a chance to catch it. But they did push a DHCP fix out last Tuesday.

Fix huh? lol I couldn't log into origin this morning either but they did call me and reset my login for me so I can at least download this evening.

Fix huh? lol I couldn't log into origin this morning either but they did call me and reset my login for me so I can at least download this evening.
I didn't look into it at all but I'd imagine with DHCP issues how would one go about updating for the fix lmao

Bump, Kinda relevant but i just realized since all my machines run on win 10 enterprise they didn't push this update out to any of them. So if you can grab a copy of windows 10 enterprise or the school version and i bet you wont get crap updates.

Everything is tested in 2 stages by the public before getting pushed to home and well before pushing to Enterprise. They cant say they didn't have a chance to catch it. But they did push a DHCP fix out last Tuesday.
Actually read this after i posted, So your saying if you have windows 10 pro you get the first wave of updates? that's crazy.

Back