Came to say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

groc22

BANNED
BANNED
Hello guys - I'm groc22, playing on Karkand Infantry-Only BF2 server. I do enjoy your server, it's always #1 visit for me!

cheers, welcome.

We are moving to new IPs so add it to your favorites. We will let everyone know in the server :)

no crash is inevitable right now. Anyone who is a veteran in 2142 should know this...We get almost 0 crashes in BF2. Thats the patch's job to fix security flaws. But should be smoother and hopefully not that high ping issue that last for 5 minutes on a random day

Hi Groc thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself.
Its always good to see new Bf2 players.

Hi Groc22, thank you for liking our servers!

I have good news and I have bad news for you. The good news is that you saved me some time. The bad news: Care to explain this?

PBBans | MBi - BanID 81657 (e4e90fa8 | Battlefield 2)

Alias (3) groc22 , groc22_ , NormanNescio
Last Seen @ IP 76.193.*.125

New GUID: Alias (6) : groc22 , groc22 , NormanNescio , Togan007 , Togan1989 , WhatReallyHappened
IP:76.193.*.125

Did you really think that we do not do our homework? Let me tell you, with alias + IP match - things do not look good for you. Or maybe it was your little brother, or perhaps, your cat?

The reason I am asking is because I know that some VIOLATION (MD5TOOL) #9002 bans were released. But as far as I know the released bans were for wav or map files, not for a dll like yours.(n7bf2.dll)

#9002 - MD5TOOL
Description:
A MD5 tool mismatch is raised when the MD5 (message digest 5) hash of a file on the clients computer does not match a preset MD5 hash for the file, specified by the server's administrator. If the MD5 hash of the file matches a hash of a known cheat file, the account will be banned.

Regardless, you are still in the MBI and unfortunately for you, that means that you will be banned from our servers. Thank you again for stopping by and introducing yourself to us!

After some quick research, and I say quick because my anti-virus software was warning me like crazy on a cheater site, that dll is part of this and other hacks:

http://i43.tinypic.com/vnfhc4.jpg

So I guess no explanation is needed after all. Have fun playing somewhere else!

Attachments

• vnfhc4.jpg
    vnfhc4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 263
Funny shit, Mega. You are definitely a rainstorm on the parade of hackers.

the guy is probably having a wtf moment about now. Hes probably wondering why he is banned from the site and why hes banned on the servers lol.

Mega taking out the trash :)

Is this the guy you banned from the Karkand server yesterday?

Mega taking out the trash :)

Is this the guy you banned from the Karkand server yesterday?

Yes. Also to be honest he was probably playing clean in our servers. Some people do change and after they get caught - they renounce the hacks. Plus the fact that he played and did not arise any kind of suspicion from the admins or the regulars - would support this. He also played for quite a while with the new GUID, and the new one is still clean.

This is the price that hackers pay. Even if you come clean afterward the ban will follow you everywhere. Also some bans are hardware based, and even if you change your IP and buy a new GUID, you will be promptly re-banned. The ban is tied to your hard drive serial number, your NIC and other factors.

Do not hax!

> Care to explain this?

no problem, although you made communication it somewhat problematic by thoughtfully banning not only from the game but also from the forum. Anyways, the explanation is very simple - it's exactly what you just did yourself, when you scanned the offending dll and got antivirus alert. As you probably know, if you now play bf2 without having restarted your computer, you will become exactly the same "hacker" as I did 3 years ago. Yes, I did look at the file back then, and yes, I forgot to restart the computer. That's what differs you from me, and certainly gives you full rights to call me hacker.

"we do our homework" - depends on what you call homework. As you correctly noted, I was playing on your server for year(s?), and since I not only ever hack, but not even hop, I guess everybody was a-ok with me. But now I came to say hello responding to the message in the game, and that's where you "caught" me, congratulations. In my book, this is much closer to stabbing in the back than to having done the homework.

Any mature admin knows that PB is full of false positives, this specific scenario being arguably #1. If the detection is not supported by any other evidence, such as watching and hit/miss ratio, complaints from others, then most likely it's not the one who ruins the game for others. On the other hand, when there's someone with ratio (many dozen)/1, as you just have discussed on another thread, then you don't really need pb to tell who is ruining the game for others - and allowing him to go on and ruin more only because pb did not catch him makes as much sense as calling me a hacker.

groc22

Groc,

I appreciate your efforts coming back to try and clear your name. Let us do a little more research on this and get back with you. I never played BF2 but do remember hearing about anti virus issues years ago. What I don't understand is why your appeal was denied on PBBans if it was the anti virus issue? As I recall everyone with this issue was cleared but not positive.

Groc I appreciate that you took the time to come back and defend yourself. However the file in question is associated with multiple cheat software including MSX and Unknown Cheats, to name a few. You were most certainly doing something you should not have been by using/manipulating that file. There simply is no legitimate reason to be changing any .dll in any game...period.. Furthermore your ban at PB was not recinded, meaning you more than likely just by-passed the ban by various means and moved on. If you were innocent then why circumvent their ban? Appeal it and take care of it that way, like any truly innocent false positive victim.

Whether or not you are cheating now is irrelevant. Past bans color your history and your reputation. We will not allow any past or present cheats no matter the reason onto our servers. That is our rule and our prerogative of being the operators and the ones who pay for said server.

You may very well be the nicest guy in the world and it still would not matter. While our philosophy is not set in stone we do believe that once a cheater, always a cheater. We also feel it would be better for the life of the server, our reputation, and the public that visit our servers, that we run clean servers by keeping out players that have been caught before by various anti cheat organizations such as PB and PsB, and GSC.

Yes. Also to be honest he was probably playing clean in our servers. Some people do change and after they get caught - they renounce the hacks. Plus the fact that he played and did not arise any kind of suspicion from the admins or the regulars - would support this. He also played for quite a while with the new GUID, and the new one is still clean.

This is the price that hackers pay. Even if you come clean afterward the ban will follow you everywhere. Also some bans are hardware based, and even if you change your IP and buy a new GUID, you will be promptly re-banned. The ban is tied to your hard drive serial number, your NIC and other factors.

Do not hax!

I never suspected him of hacking but when I saw you ban that guy the other day I assumed it was him and just figured you busted another POS cheater.

Not that my opinion matters much or at all for that matter but just for the record if he is playing clean then maybe he deserves a second chance? I don't know just my opinion for what it's worth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back