Came to say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Anyways, the explanation is very simple - it's exactly what you just did yourself, when you scanned the offending dll and got antivirus alert."

How in God's name did you arrive at this conclusion? I was goggling that file name, and one of the links I followed was at a hacker's site. The anti virus alarms were from the site itself. You must be insane if you think that somebody here downloads any kind of files from sites advertising hacks. I simply saw the file listed there and then I closed the tab.

" Yes, I did look at the file back then, and yes, I forgot to restart the computer. "

So you do admit of downloading that dll. Was it from the EA site? That file was only available for download at hackers web pages. I am pretty sure that you had to register first. So you knew what you were doing - stop pretending otherwise. But hey, maybe you just wanted to "test" it.

Also, somehow you were just "scanning" the file with an anti virus program, and it ended up in your game files? Wow, what a mighty anti virus! What restarting the pc has to do with this - I have no idea......

" "we do our homework" - depends on what you call homework. In my book, this is much closer to stabbing in the back than to having done the homework. "

So you wanted to join the site, maybe make some friends here, maybe even post suspicious players or respond to such treads. All while you are in the Master Ban List @ pbbans.
We do not fraternize with caught haxxors! Who is doing the back stabbing? Why you did not mention your ban when you introduced yourself? Because you were trying to hide it! Do not you think that would have been pertinent info for us to have. If not in public why not pm any admin here with it? Did you inform any of us here? People were welcoming you here and you let them down.

"Any mature admin knows that PB is full of false positives, this specific scenario being arguably #1. "

More bs from you! Read the 9002 violation description again: " If the MD5 hash of the file matches a hash of a known cheat file, the account will be banned. "

You came here to introduce yourself. In doing so you "forgot" to mention that your name is in the master ban list @ pbbans. You admit of having the file on your pc, which is only possible if you register your name at a hackers site, pay for it there and then download it from there. You went online with that file in your game directory and played on a pb streaming server. Pb was doing it's job and caught you. You were added to the pbbans master list. You got kicked from every server who streams to them. You went out and purchased another disk, getting a new GUID. End of story!

You also did not play for years here, our Karkand server went online last year in August. I only remember seeing you in it for the past few weeks. More lies from you!

Bob already addressed you being able to play here.

> The anti virus alarms were from the site itself.

the fact that your antivirus has alarmed you while being on rogue site means that whatever has triggered the alarm is already in your memory, and whatever is in your memory, will be detected by pb, whether it's related to the game or not. And if that site is associated with game hacks, the probability that some of the virus code that has triggered your antivirus alarm is also known to pb, is significant. pb is the same antivirus as yours, only with the virus signatures trained on specific game cheats.

> That file was only available for download at hackers web pages. I am pretty sure that you had to register first. So you knew what you were doing - stop pretending otherwise. But hey, maybe you just wanted to "test" it.

no, I never had to register anywhere, let alone pay. Yes, I did know what I was doing, same as you did when doing your research. Looking at the file does not mean using it in the game.

> Also somehow you were just "scanning" the file with an anti virus program, and it ended up in your game files?

It did not end up in the game files. pb detects it anywhere in the memory. That's how hackers were posting cheats in irc channel and triggering alarms in pb. Read about punkbuster on wikipedia, it's described there, or in the article cited below.

> What restarting the pc has to do with this - I have no idea......

It has everything to do with this. Educate yourself a little. BASHandSlash.com - netCoders vs. PunkBuster will be good start.

> you also did not play for years here, our Karkand server went online last year in August. I only remember seeing you in it for the past few weeks.

I recall this server being in my favorites for much longer.

I never suspected him of hacking but when I saw you ban that guy the other day I assumed it was him and just figured you busted another POS cheater.

Not that my opinion matters much or at all for that matter but just for the record if he is playing clean then maybe he deserves a second chance? I don't know just my opinion for what it's worth. :)

Thanks shockwave for the support, you have my respect. But it won't work - I'm already familiar with the crowd that made pb a religion, and for them the detection means everything, while ruining the game means nothing. So someone like qualf can badmouth commanders for years, and it's ok; someone else can spend 99% time in the air, killing from half a mile with mr-444 in the remaining 1%, and it's also ok. Yet another can have score 102/2 while everybody else is at 14-15, and he is also "clean". For the pb cult addict, this does not matter. Only pb does.

Whether or not you are cheating now is irrelevant. Past bans color your history and your reputation. We will not allow any past or present cheats no matter the reason onto our servers. That is our rule and our prerogative of being the operators and the ones who pay for said server.

You may very well be the nicest guy in the world and it still would not matter. While our philosophy is not set in stone we do believe that once a cheater, always a cheater. We also feel it would be better for the life of the server, our reputation, and the public that visit our servers, that we run clean servers by keeping out players that have been caught before by various anti cheat organizations such as PB and PsB, and GSC.

Thanks - yes, I understand that you have your policy and I respect your following it, so I didn't expect anything else when I posted the reply. The only little objection is to the parallel between pb detection and qualification as a cheater. The correlation is certainly there, and it's high, but it's not 100%. It's not that I'm asking you to reconsider, but you have my word that I did not use a hack in the online game ever for 1 second, although I did have it on my computer, and I learned that I had to restart it before going online too late - that was my fault. I don't know if historical graphs are available at EA, probably not, but if they were, you wouldn't find a sudden spike in my online performance at any time during the, I guess already 5 years or so that I have been playing this game.

Again, can't resist posting where I'm not supposed to...

Groc, why is this entire thread all about everyone being at fault but you? I don't know how the alleged file got on your machine or what your intentions were or were not, but I do know that the file did not come with Microsoft Office. Considering what the file is, because of it's unique signature, it's a pretty safe assumption that it got there through some action of your own... Your own... Your own. Based on that, why is this the fault of the PB cult, the PB boogie man, and and even of PB itself?

I've been gaming for many years, at least five of those with PB enabled. And, funny as it is, PB has never once installed a file on my machine that later found me kicked by PB. So why is it PB's fault that YOU somehow got that file on your system?

PB can be wrong. And the people who function in Anti-Cheating efforts know what kicks off a false positive and what doesn't. Here's a list I helped put together back when I was doing anti-cheating work full time: PunkBuster Explanations :: Americas Army Account History

That list is for a different game, but all the same principles of file architecture still apply. So, I know full and well about PB, all about false positives, and all about dealing with people that, for whatever reason, refuse to take ownership of their actions.

So, for the 100,000th time in five years, I ask, why is it always somebody else's fault?

Groc, you certainly seem like a decent guy. I also appreciate the fact that you are appealing in a mature way. I've also stated the fact that you probably went clean after your ban.

I have heard many excuses for why people got banned. This is a new one!
You cannot get a pb ban by simply visiting a web page and then playing online. This is a preposterous argument!

Thank you for the need to educate myself comment!

Read the 9002 violation again dude: That file was on your pc! Also all the violations triggered by code in memory are 5 digits, not 4 like yours. Usually a gamehook/gamehack type of violation. Restarting the pc would have made no difference with your type of violation.

For your information a good player can have that score if the server is not full and he has a few medics in his squad. Also here at TBG all are innocent until proven guilty. We cannot ban for high score alone.

> you also did not play for years here, our Karkand server went online last year in August. I only remember seeing you in it for the past few weeks.

Doesn't mean we are inexperienced with PB. We have had 2142 servers for 4 years on top of other PB running gameservers. 2142/bf2 are pretty trivial. Obviously the fact evenbalance and pbbans have denied you means something. We have had people who got banned for fraps or whatever the case maybe and got it lifted. I don't know about people here, but you won't sway me into believing it.

Perhaps when Pb releases his ban then we can as well so until then...see ya wouldn't want to be ya.

Came directly from a cheating site public forum, i won't name obviously. If it wasn't irrefutable before, it is now!

Untitled_7.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled1_10.jpg

Even the cheating website claims this hack is detected. So yeah that sums it up. Don't come back here and insult our intelligent. How is that for so called inexperienced admins on BF2?

So enough with drama. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back