Building a Computer

Usually the motherboard will have on-board sound. As far as CPU/motherboards they are seperate but some websites sell them as bundles. A CPU is only the processor.

OIC.
I find this funny. At school I even had teachers pulling me from class to fix their computers, but when it comes to interiors I'm still mostly clueless. lol

I do, it's a Wester Digital 120gb HD, but it's IDE, no SATA connectors...old school. Make sure the motherboard you want actually has IDE connections, a lot of them don't any more. I'll keep looking around and see if I can find one with SATA connectors.

Edit: I looked and your motherboard does have IDE connections so you're good there. Also, 4gb Gskill ddr3 1333 $42.00 shipped.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

Edit again!: Depending on your needs, I have g.skill 2x1gb ddr3 1333 also. Down side-it's only 2gb. Upside=free

I haven't actually chosen a motherboard yet....for memory, I think I'd like to take you up on the 2GB you have, because that seems to be good enough for stuff these days, including BFBC2.
And every bit of money I can save helps. (=

More memory is always better and $42.00 for 4 gb is pretty damn good. Think about it; you're welcome to the memory I have at hand, but if you're going to run Win 7 you'll need close to 1gb of RAM just to run the OS that doesn't leave a lot of head room from 2gb.

More memory is always better and $42.00 for 4 gb is pretty damn good. Think about it; you're welcome to the memory I have at hand, but if you're going to run Win 7 you'll need close to 1gb of RAM just to run the OS that doesn't leave a lot of head room from 2gb.

Thats a good point.
I actually just checked my ram on this machine, its 4GB.
So I think your right, 2GB would be too little.

So-

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT $41.00
Sunbeam / CaseGears Black Steel 580W Power Supply $25.00
COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II Advanced Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $80.00
GIGABYTE GV-R567OC-1GI Rev2.0 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card $90.00

Still need a CPU + Hard drive.

Damn Vengeance you have expensive tastes.. Here is a cheaper alternative to the case you chose.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
You never know with the extra 20$ saved from getting a cheaper case, you might be able to afford a better video card.. Like a 5770. :D

Also the Processor and Motherboard I suggested before should work fine with everything you currently have selected. Although if you want to look for a better deal thats up to you.

I assume I could replace the integrated graphics with the 5670?

Yup, just plug the 5670 into the PCIEx16 slot, connect the power cables to the 5670 and start up the system. It will automatically detect the video card.

Okay. Is there any best brand of Hard Drive?
I've found some, but I'm not sure if any old drive would do or if there's a good one out there.

if your're going tp spend 90 on a video card - spend 100 on a 5770 !!!!

shop all the parts on Ebay!!!!

Back