Building a Computer

He can just get linux its free. xD

Linux is terrible. I know cause I once had this laptop programmed to dual boot between it and Linux.

Vengeance, round up what you can from these good folks and then see where you are. I got some money coming in two weeks and I'll help fill in a blank or two in about that much time.

Also, remember, you're going to need an OS to run this system.

Now, it's time to learn some stuff... Visit this website and do reading. This guy writes some great manuals for the new and even the somewhat-experienced when it comes to computers. Best of all, they are free! ( TweakGuides.com - The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion)

I strongly suggest you with the TweakGuides Tweaking Companion because it has basic information about hardware and software that very gamer should know. ( It is usually at this point where some uber-leet system-guru chimes in and explains how basic this all is and whatever... Well, ignore them! These manuals are PERFECT for beginners. )

Also, be sure to check out some of the other system guides on his site because he wrote ( and still writes ) all these manuals specifically for gamers. ( TweakGuides.com - System Guides )

Hope this gives you a good head start on getting some knowledge. I'll help ya with some parts and stuff in just about two weeks.

Thanks so much for the help and offer!!!

As for the OS, I might have a spare OS somewhere, if not I'll run 7.
I actually got a book on building stuff a while back, but your suggestions really have some merit.

With that CPU, MoBo, and one of those graphics cards you should be able to play BC2 Mid-High detail with no lag. A setup like that would be slightly better than my current system, which btw can play BC2 maxed out.

Thats the idea (=

What graphics card did you say on vent? Some 5000 model.

This one should be able to play BC2, not sure if you could max out with this card though.
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100287VGAL Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
This one will definitly play BC2 maxed out.
Newegg.com - HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

Its whatever you can afford really. I suggest doing your own research, these are just the cheapest cards I found in less than 10 minutes.

Maxed out isn't an issue.
As long as it does at least medium no lag, A-OK.

So I would need to find a motherboard that works with a 5670...

The one I suggested would work, but if you're looking at something else make sure it has a PCI-e 2.0 slot, thats what 90% of all graphics cards use.

The 295 and i7920 are significant upgrades, especially on the graphics side. Check out the charts at Tom's Hardware.

The 295 and i7920 are significant upgrades, especially on the graphics side. Check out the charts at Tom's Hardware.

Yeah, looking at these, their alot more poweful than I really need. Unless the price is less than the 5670, I really have no interest.

So so far, the build has-

COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II Advanced Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $80.00
GIGABYTE GV-R567OC-1GI Rev2.0 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card $90.00

So I still need-

Power Supply
CPU
Memory
Hard Drive

I know this sounds really noobish )=
But does the CPU include the processor, motherboard, and audio card?

Looks good. Didn't you say you might have a spare HD?

I do, it's a Wester Digital 120gb HD, but it's IDE, no SATA connectors...old school. Make sure the motherboard you want actually has IDE connections, a lot of them don't any more. I'll keep looking around and see if I can find one with SATA connectors.

Edit: I looked and your motherboard does have IDE connections so you're good there. Also, 4gb Gskill ddr3 1333 $42.00 shipped.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231253

Edit again!: Depending on your needs, I have g.skill 2x1gb ddr3 1333 also. Down side-it's only 2gb. Upside=free

I know this sounds really noobish )=
But does the CPU include the processor, motherboard, and audio card?

Usually the motherboard will have on-board sound. As far as CPU/motherboards they are seperate but some websites sell them as bundles. A CPU is only the processor.

Back