BF V seems like it's actually a good game

sixer9682

So a handful of us played BF 5 last night and I've got to say it's worlds away from the beta. The gameplay was smooooth and the weapons are very good as they've eliminated the random bullet deviation.

And for the first time (and I'm not saying it won't happnen) since BC2, I didn't get stuck while walking as infantry on random spots on the map like a rock or some shit.

I didn't play any vehicles yet, just infantry but it was very fluid and fun to play...and thank fuck that there's NO grenade spamming :) due to the nature of reloads and how the ammo system works. Use your 1 grenade wisely ;)

Which leads me to this; the firefights are actually a shit ton of fun because 30 grenades aren't being lobbed your way. It's an actual shoot out. IDK about the others but I really like what I saw so far and I'm happy to say it now feels and plays like a BF game, the best I've seen since BC2.

It's way more fun than BF3, BF4, and definitely BF1.

Thanks for the feedback, that's some high praise. I'm still waiting on getting a better video card before I'm able to try it out, but you made it sound like fun. You're on a 1080 ti, aren't you?

I look forward to joining you guys sometime in the future. In the meantime, enjoy yourself and lay down some TBG smack on everyone for all of us. :)

Played a few hours yesterday as well and I agree.

Gunplay: best it's ever been Imo. The removal of deviation is the best thing they've ever done. It feels good that the bullets go where your barrel is pointing instead of randomly blooming outward. Allows you to actually outshoot opponents and you are actually able to return fire on snipers if you have a semi auto rifle.

Grenade spam: basically gone. On fjell bc it's all lanes it can get a little spammy, but other than that it's fine.

Destruction: it feels so fucking good to hit a house with a rocket and have the roof collapse and kill the 3 guys camping in the attic.

Squads: the revive system is a thing of genius. I played with a pub squad last night, and we were top of the leaderboards for like 4 games straight just bc we were picking each other up while fighting over points. I'm sure you BF1 guys will domniate even more with this system.

Vehicles: finally vehicles feel somewhat balanced. Turret turn rates are no longer directly attached to mouse sensitivity. So you don't have guys just blasting around the map doing 360 tank no scopes. Tanks players actually need skill and awareness to not die. As infantry and a tank is in cqc you can more easily flank around to get the kill. As far as tank v tank I liked that they expanded on the glancing blow system more. Even with a light tank you can use the speed and manueverability to kill larger tanks.

Planes are also finally in a decent spot. Compared to bf1. Air to air fights are a ton of fun. There isn't insane bullet splash damage anymore. So a strafing run actually requires you to see targets(or have a scout mark them to hit them). Bombs splash areas are not insanely huge. Bombing runs require you to be pretty dang close to a guy to kill, instead of within 50 yards. These systems will make it so skilled pilots will still get kills but not let Joe schmoe go 40-1 bc he only has to shoot near little markers.

MMG's: FINALLY a game gets these bad boys right. You can't ADS unless it's deployed. So no more guys running around the map with higher powered lasers. Once they are supported they are insanely accurate, but the heat up mechanic prevents people from just shooting 150 laser rounds in 20 seconds across the map.

Overall I'd say BFV is insanely enjoyable. It seems like DICE finally listened to all of the communities complaints over the years. The only glaring issue in my book is that RSP will still be a thing:/

Well I'm definitely feeling a little more hopeful. I didn't pay for their "service" so i can't play yet, but I bought the Deluxe edition.

Server hosting available? I guess if it is we need to go through them again

Server hosting available? I guess if it is we need to go through them again

As of right now no. David Sirland(mp producer) said to expect more info soon. He referred to it as RSP so I'm assuming it'll be like bf1. But he acknowledged how shit RSP was for bf1.

As of right now no. David Sirland(mp producer) said to expect more info soon. He referred to it as RSP so I'm assuming it'll be like bf1. But he acknowledged how shit RSP was for bf1.

Cool, but I'm guessing hosting won't be same as bf4/bf3. Anyway keep me posted if you hear anything please.

Tried it too.

Smooooooooth (finally a game that uses multi-core)

Fun, too. (that's weird)

Looking forward to it. I'll be off the whole week of the 20th so.... :)

After watching LevelCap's video review, I decided hold off the purchase until the first patch hits.

I played the closed alpha and the beta. I do not think the game is as good as BF4, but I think they are doing some things right, especially with removing the spotting.

Hopefully I can snag it for a little less during the holiday season.

Any word on RSP? Probably not.
No+for+the+last+time+4chan+doesnt+need+help+with+_24fabf085a52481d9591150f90f5d3ef.jpg

Yeah the game has actual great gameplay. It's Battlefield immersion and WW2 aesthetics... weeeelll... let's just say it does feel like you're in an actual WW2 battle when you're flying or even in a tank not much when you hear all that high pitch shrieking from certain 'characters'. Either way it's a good shooter and worth the $30-40 bucks. Although a bit light on content.

BTW.... Pro tip: don't huddle up like these poor misfits shown below if not you get inst gibbed by lil ol me ;)

Big patch yesterday and Origins servers were pure crap. Took almost an hour to download 10GB vs the 3 minutes it should.

I lost about 15 fps playing at 4k and it doesn't look like my settings changed....

Back