Bad Comapny 2 - A breath of fresh, Battlefield air

Graphic-J

Been recently playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it's Vietnam expansion again and enjoying it very much.

Just plain ol' unadulterated FPS fun without the added restrictions. Try it out again... Id advise on the Hard Core 'Awolgamers' server.

i miss the dice modded servers out of germany....tons of extra ammo, choppers that fly faster, stuff spawns faster,......it is a great game....watching that video i remember everyone of those maps and know right where you where for every kill.....I MISS THAT GAME....the last part in the NAM DLC looked like it was the dice servers

Last edited:
Is it free to play this? I never bought the game, but it looks like fun. For those like me that never bought it, can you still play it, or do you need your game keys from years ago?

Update: Never mind, just found it on steam. It looks like you still have to buy it, if anyone else is wondering. :)

I always liked BC2 dont understand why it died the way it did.

As much as I liked it, kind of like BF2 it doesn't play like a modern video game. It feels like going back to an Atari. The feel of movement and aiming has always been a big decider for me when choosing to play an FPS. I was never around for BF2. But I enjoyed BC2 until I played BF3. Going backwards you quickly realize holy shit you weren't able to strafe while running. I never noticed it. It was an automatic thing to stop running to align with a doorway, etc.

People who hadn't played it were starting out in newer games and people who had were playing those new games too. Games like that quickly drop to a player base of 30K and never bounce back.

... I was never around for BF2. ....

Oh man, BF2 was glorious. I currently have 2700 hours of enjoyment with that game that I have never regretted. When EA shut down its servers, it killed a little piece of me. Sure, there are other ways to play it and I have tried them but to be honest, it's a bit of a a mess. Fake Bots to fill in missing players or modded servers all over the place, of the few good, real servers most of them are running same annoying maps over and over. Kinda like the many BF4 servers with Operation Locker, Metro or the Siege or vehicle servers that have instant vehicle respawning. It's not really bad but it's just not the same anymore.

But in all honsety, BF2 was the best online game that I have ever played with Sharqi Penisnula being my most favorite map on any game. A true and fun open sand box war game that you don't see anymore.

---

... I enjoyed BC2 until I played BF3. Going backwards you quickly realize holy shit you weren't able to strafe while running. I never noticed it. It was an automatic thing to stop running to align with a doorway, etc.

Yeah I know what you mean. I quickly noticed it when I first went back to play BC2 again and it was utterly frustrating at times, but over time I just got used to it.

lol You can tell this game was primarily made for console first, then PC as a pity afterthought port just with that not being able to strafe wile running. But hey at least BF3 was a PC title first ported to console so it was a fair trade i guess.

It's so hard going back to play BF2. The mouse acceleration feels so bad, and cant be turned off. Also the RBD(random bullet deviation) in the game feels very punishing by today's standards.

Oh man, BF2 was glorious. I currently have 2700 hours of enjoyment with that game that I have never regretted. When EA shut down its servers, it killed a little piece of me. Sure, there are other ways to play it and I have tried them but to be honest, it's a bit of a a mess. Fake Bots to fill in missing players or modded servers all over the place, of the few good, real servers most of them are running same annoying maps over and over. Kinda like the many BF4 servers with Operation Locker, Metro or the Siege or vehicle servers that have instant vehicle respawning. It's not really bad but it's just not the same anymore.

But in all honsety, BF2 was the best online game that I have ever played with Sharqi Penisnula being my most favorite map on any game. A true and fun open sand box war game that you don't see anymore.

---

Yeah I know what you mean. I quickly noticed it when I first went back to play BC2 again and it was utterly frustrating at times, but over time I just got used to it.

lol You can tell this game was primarily made for console first, then PC as a pity afterthought port just with that not being able to strafe wile running. But hey at least BF3 was a PC title first ported to console so it was a fair trade i guess.

Sharqi Penisnula was BF3 i think.....
as for BC2 i miss COLD WAR, HEAVY METAL, Atacama Desert, Port Valdez and Nelson Bay

Last edited:
Sharqi Penisnula was BF3 i think.....

Yes it was and it was altered and reduced to smaller map. I tried to like that one but it was just revised so badly.

----

... as for BC2 i miss COLD WAR, HEAVY METAL, Atacama Desert, Port Valdez and Nelson Bay

Still play all those maps on Conquest on the server that I typcially play on most of the time.
. I'm telling you man, install this baby and log in to the AWOLGAMERS server for some HC / Conaquest goodness.
Unless you're on console in which I can't suggest anything :/

no i still have the game for PC....but i am fighting with someone over server rank in RUSH on BF4 so that is where my time is spent.....

^ Imagine being this much of an angry tryhard ^

imagine playing a game for hours with no effort......and i am fighting with sloppy over the spots....its not like you are ever going to make in to the top3 on the server.....

Back