ARMA2

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
Posted on wolfservers

"Not sure if you have had a chance to look at this one but it looks great!!! I am sure, as with ARMA, this might be a bit of a resource hog for a server but man!!! The terrian is HUGE!!! Tons of vehicles too!

Quote:
In ArmA 2 a staggeringly vast array of military hardware is at your disposal. 73 modern weapons, 167 vehicle variants in the air, on land and at sea.
I think this one will be really really good!

http://www.arma2.com/

Some in game videos:
http://www.arma2.com/united-states-marine-corps_en.html

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-live-from-chernarus_en.html

Quote:
Building on 10 years of constant engine development, ArmA 2 boasts the most realistic combat environment in the world. It models real world ballistics & round deflection, materials penetration, features a realtime day/night cycle and dynamic wind, weather and environmental effects. The simulation of a combat environment is so effective, the engine forms the basis for training simulators used by real armies the world over. "

I've read reviews about it, and if I remember correctly it said something about the vehicles being insanely difficult to control... but I'm not sure.

That looks pretty bad ass. I'd like to try that when it comes out.

Edit: Nevermind, the reviews were for ArmA 1...

Holy shit the models, textures and the scale look amazing! Kinda reminds me of Stalker, but even better!

I really really hope they make something out of the awesome possibilities :-/

I wonder when it comes out... anyone know for sure?

ARMA and ARMA2 are Combat Sim's. The environment is HUGE! Everything is realistic. You can't jump, you can't run and shoot, you can't do anything that is unrealistic. I like it :).

Forgot to add this. If you are in a HUMVEE, it usually takes 20-30 minutes just to go from place to place. When they say the environment is huge, it is. Even in a jet, it takes 10-15 minutes to go across the map.

Kamil, that avatar is killing me! I can't stop watching her bounce 009

lol sixer, i noticed that too. as for arma2 i think this and ea's idiocy could signal the beginning of the end of the battlefield franchise, they will always have the people who just want to point and click though. game looks awesome but i doubt my laptop could run it even with a viewdistance of 3%

Ya, ArmA is supposed to be a 100% simulation... so expect realism to extreme annoyance.

Personally, I'm not sure if I like games being overly realistic. I mean, realistic is fun, until it becomes boring... hopefully this won't be.

Hell I would probally love that damn game then. I really get tired of people shooting me while running and jumping. As for the vast battlefield...I'll be hiding in a bush somewhere with a nice M82A1.

Buy It I will, Pwn it I shall,

If they are true to their word, as vehicles opearate as they do irl, than pilot it looks like you and me are flying biches around,

SHOTTY NOT TRANSPORT !!!

It's kind of like doing a raid in WoW - you play it for 4-6 hours one night with like 10-12 guys and have a blast shooting people :).

Shit, I am getting it as soon as it comes out. Looks very cool, and as Soulzz said its plays like a real thing, should be fun

Back