Archage

Here is a little trick i learned. When you leave the game go to options select character, it brings you to the character screen. Just dont exit out of it or have a crash and your can avoid the que when you come back.

Ok so warning to free to play players. Properties are NOT available so no houses nor scarecrows. That would be the biggest downfall i can tell, except for extra bag space etc. However you can turn a player into "family" allowing them to roam about in your house/properties. I do not know yet if a family member can use someone elses farming space. If i get really into it I'll probably have to get patron status. Hey @Brownstreaks any idea if you can get patron with in-game currency?

Here is a little trick i learned. When you leave the game go to options select character, it brings you to the character screen. Just dont exit out of it or have a crash and your can avoid the que when you come back.
they have the "grace period" for d/c...not sure if it works for f2p

they have the "grace period" for d/c...not sure if it works for f2p

That just got patched in before the launch.

Ok so warning to free to play players. Properties are NOT available so no houses nor scarecrows. That would be the biggest downfall i can tell, except for extra bag space etc. However you can turn a player into "family" allowing them to roam about in your house/properties. I do not know yet if a family member can use someone elses farming space. If i get really into it I'll probably have to get patron status. Hey @Brownstreaks any idea if you can get patron with in-game currency?

You can purchase APEX or something like it using in game currency. I dont know how to do it yet nor do i really care because i will sub.

Day 2 and another patch already underway. I would really like to know the capacity of the servers versus numbers of people who bought founder packs, who subscribed yesterday and the f2p.
Started off with 4 servers for headstart. 3 more were added before release yesterday and all 7 had wait times to get in within a hr after launch.

I got 2 hrs of play time yesterday and 6 hrs of Q-time.

I que up when i get up and every half hr i move my key board in game so i dont get booted for afk until i can start playing in the evening. Que is running between 3-5 hrs now. On another note I went into my first pvp action and it was pure craziness was well over 100 people on other faction alone in battle needless to say i got my ass spanked.

I made my first trade run to the west yesterday. Uneventful luckily. Ran into some Sea Bugs on the way. Did a dungeon called Burnt Tower(or castle) in the west...Tried to pick a fight. No chances, 2 mobs and 4 reds=unfair..luckily I had a healer and made it to safe zone.

lol yeah i fell asleep at about 900-1000 que, woke up and i was on character screen.

I also put down a small farm plot
I just got my 16x16 from the Elephant Cookies Trade run across the ocean. (blue salt quest chain, like 4th delivery I think)...Waiting till people can't pay their taxes in a Temperate Climate before I set it down.

once you take a boat ride with some guildies on a "banana run" you will get it. It's like Elephant shit on a trade run through "blue salt" trade quest chain.

16x16 Scarecrow Garden, obtained through Blue Salt Brotherhood Questline

East Version Quest

Take a pack of Mahedevi Elephant Cookies to Crescent Throne in Solzreed Peninsula

http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...pacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info

ArcheAge Launch Update: Capacities, Communication, and Where to Find Info
Hi everyone, we'd like to thank you all for being a part of this absolutely massive launch of ArcheAge.

We've heard from a lot of you that ArcheAge has stirred up excitement for an MMO in a way that many of you haven't felt in a long time. When people are in and playing, we hear a lot that the game's the great, exciting experience they were waiting for.

While it's been great for many, it's been uneven for others, most notably if you're stuck waiting. (We know, we wait in the same queues you do.)

Know that we haven't been, and won't be, resting until the experience is great for everyone. We've been talking to you a lot about this on Twitter and our forums, and we wanted to thank you for your patience -- which has been extreme in some cases for sure.

I'd like to talk about what we’re doing to make sure that all of you can have that same kind of experience.

SERVER CAPACITIES AND YOU

In an ideal world, we have all the hardware we need to host the ideal number of servers, in a way that works best for everyone. We'd strike the perfect balance between launch popularity, when everyone wants to be online 100% of the time, and the settled population of more normal play patterns that will naturally come over time.

In reality, we have to plan capacity months ahead of time, based on things like web site signups, numbers of people who play in alphas and betas, how long they play, and so on. There's a fair amount of science that goes into it, and in general it's pretty accurate. We then include extra for overflow, just in case we need more.

In this case, so many entirely new people showed up that we opened not just all of our launch hardware on the first day, but the overflow hardware soon after as well. Since Head Start, we've expanded both the number of servers and the capacity of all servers steadily. We try to let you know this both on the forums and on Twitter (@ArcheAge) whenever this occurs.

Inside the business you'll hear people call this "problems of success," but make no mistake - since it negatively affects you, we remain obsessively focused on the "problem" part, not the "success" part. We treat these as high priority problems that we need to solve, as rapidly as possible.

GREAT, THANKS. THAT'S SUPER. WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?

Right. There are things going on both in and out of game to make things better:
1) Yes, more hardware is on its way to helping you! We're still aiming to strike the balance between short and long term and we know with certainty that more hardware is needed for both. We've heard both the "more servers" and "no more servers" crowds, and are certain we need to take steps toward more. I'm happy to share that the next round of hardware landed with our team in Texas this morning.

While I do wish that we could violate the laws of space and time to transport physical servers instantly, and help both NA and EU simultaneously, because of the way hardware is shipped out, and factors like "customs," there will be some delay between helping out the two regions. Do note that we're doing everything we can to make sure that delay is as minimal as possible. (We are aiming for days, not weeks, between.)

We'll be talking more about the details here over the coming days, in our Launch FAQ thread.2) Note that we've been more aggressively sweeping AFKers, even manually when needed. For example, while we had said during beta that we were tentatively tolerant of AFK mount riding, we'd be keeping an eye out to see if it became a problem. Well, it's officially a problem when actual players who will be playing can't get in.

If you're not actively playing, please do be aware that you might not be there when you get back. Of course, while we do appreciate creative justifications such as "I am merely celebrating the excitement of launch by exercising my steed in a circular pattern for an extended period of time," those will still earn a quick trip to desktop.

We're also going to be setting up a more aggressive AFK timer as is suited to an over-popular launch, and ensuring that there are fewer ways to get around it. Again, this is all to create the greatest opportunity to get active human beings into the game.
3) As with any launch where you get massive numbers of new players, we need great people helping out with the typical things that happen as services scale up, which is why I wanted to talk Customer Service. You have wanted to talk with them. You've wanted to talk with them a lot. And they really do want to help.

Trion's CS team has already been expanded pretty massively, with scores of new people coming on board in the weeks leading up to ArcheAge's launch. There's a veritable dedicated army of people wanting to help. We're also happy to announce that we're ramping that up even more. As with all of our CS in the past, we're continuing down the path of natively fluent CS reps in each language we service.
4) Communication is critical during launches - We do get that. I've personally tweeted more during this launch than I think I have since Twitter existed. We're going to be redoubling our efforts, most notably on our forums, with even more people pitching in.

We had been trying to focus our updates into specific known locations, but that's not having the effect that we had hoped. We need to be in more places and threads that you're already discussing, so you can expect more of that beginning today, and in a more visibly 24/7 fashion than it might have appeared previously. We've been continuously working like crazy knocking down the types of launch issues one might expect, but if you don't see evidence of it, then it's not as helpful to you. We get that too_Once again – Thank you all for your patience, and we have constant improvements that will continue to be rolled out. As always, to keep track of the latest details of what’s being worked on, you can find updates in the ongoing Launch FAQ update thread. We look forward to getting even more capacity up for you across the board, being more visible about it, and giving you all the great experience you deserve.

- Scott​

let the trolling commence to that thread. 3-4 more weeks and I think they will have shit banged out pretty solid. Then the next 6months will be polishing it up.

fuck gold spammers be tee dub!

I hope so 1500 people ahead of me in que at 8 am est. Prefer that they get the shit fixed this weekend. But more or less trions ceo states that the ammount of people who want to play/tryout archage was way bigger than what anyone imagined.

Snake you joined a guild?

yea, im on syphillis (not spelling, but close) server. Kyrios is too populated . Too much que time. Im in "Bloodlust" on that server.

Back