Anyone's Health or job affected by COVID-19 yet?

Graphic-J

Thankfully, I and my family's health is all good, but my job of almost 14 years laid me off last month. I am one of the 22 million Americans unemployed since then and hoping for the best when all this blows over. The good news is that I have more time with the wife and kids, especially my 18month old. The bad news is of course the lack of job security and ... not posting the past "free games" on here because of being bummed out. But no worries, will start doing it again and fight out this mini depression, because hey, it makes everyone happy getting free games no?

What about you guys? I hope ya'll doing good.

Stay safe, really.

Hey graphic, sorry to hear that. A lot of people are in your position. Hopefully this will be over soon.

You got your health and family, two important things right there. :)

I'm just playing a little BF. Maybe you can make another funny video like you normally do :D

I think all of our Job's are technically effected. So far so good health wise. It's hard to say if any of us have had it, been exposed to it, etc. It's entirely possibly but the odds of the entire household having had it and not notice any symptoms is probably low.

Work has slown down for me but have 3 grocery store workers whose schedules if anything have picked up. There is only so much I can do from home. It's really hard to draw products I don't have in front of me and render layouts based on floor plans I know have incorrect dimensions. I worked for the first time on a physical job site today and am going back tomorrow.

I wish not driving 3 hours a day and being home altogether meant I had gotten more done here. After awhile my sleep schedule and productivity fell apart and thats normally bad enough as it is.

my job is not effed fortunately. i was supposed to get out of the Navy in Jan 2019 but decided to sign up for another 4 years. Def got lucky and am thankful.

Me and my wife working from home, and luckily we can do that. She's an international shipping manager and i'm in IT. I have to go in for some manual things but the office is almost empty except for some people that have to be there, like 1 help desk guy. Wife and I getting on each others nerves while working side by side, trying to have meetings at the same time, so i set her laptop up and her phone and she moved in to the bedroom and she's much happier now. Hard to keep a sleep schedule for me, being a night owl. Healthy so far, knock on wood.

Wife and I run a youth sports program and we haven't been able to work since March 12th! Our program was doing really well at the time and now nothing. Graphic I am really sorry to hear about the job loss and with a family I can imagine its a tough situation. You are not alone and keep your head up brother your new path will unfold soon.

Back