Acrylic water cooling build-FINISHED!

Leak test was easy. One of the bottom rings on the reservoir needed a quarter turn more, as well as one of the rigid compression fittings from the gpu to reservoir but other than that it's been smooth sailing, thankfully.
first time with acrylic though, I know I waas kinda nervous when I leak tested mine, even though I was pretty confident with my plumbing skills. Glad you getting kinks worked out. Very clean build. Love the gpu waterblock btw!

Thanks, guys. I'm not happy with the tubing going from the radiator to the reservoir and I know how to fix that now, but I'm not pulling it apart to change it again. I'll do that next time I drain the loop, it's easy now that I know what needs to be done. Anyway, I"m happy with it and I"m glad you guys like it too.

should make a loopty loop around it next time haha! round the rad>cpu line that is

Want a job? *hint hint* That seriously looks bad ass but I'd be scared as shit to do that.

Want a job? *hint hint* That seriously looks bad ass but I'd be scared as shit to do that.

It was definitely a learning experience and I don't recommend doing it without the right tools, some patience, and the right components. After doing this once though, I've got no qualms about doing it again.

For example, I changed out one of the pieces of tubing last night because it was acrylic and I wanted the PETG in there, so I drained the loop with the handy drain valve, pulled the tubing, measured, cut, heated, and bent the new piece and had it installed in 15 minutes start to finish. Then I just filled the whole thing back up with coolant and fired it up. If I'd tried that without having worked with this stuff before that would have taken an hour or more for that one piece.

Anyway, it was fun, if frustrating at times, but I'm sure you accomplish it as well.

ncie drain vavle..guuess I should rig something up to my pump /res like that. I have a vavle at bottom of my loop=(

ncie drain vavle..guuess I should rig something up to my pump /res like that. I have a vavle at bottom of my loop=(

Mine's just the Bitspower drain valve with a straight extension. When I drain it, I screw on a compression fitting with a short piece of flexible tubing that extends beyond the case .

I did an OC last night to 4.8ghz just by changing the multiplier and leaving everything else on auto. It was fully stable on benchmarks and gaming :)
nice...what do you think of the BIOS software with that MOBO? pretty nifty aint it?

I ended up reinstalling Win 8.1 last night but needless to say had to reinstall a lot of other software. I couldn't get my sound card to work and was thinking it was either Win, the card died, or the PCI slot it's plugged into was busted. Thankfully, I'd saved my BF4 folder. With the new install of Win8.1
the sound card is working again as well as a myriad of other things so all is good!

Oh, I forgot to add a pic of the new monitor I got a week before finishing this build; the Asus Rog PG278Q
dscf7372-jpg.6388

One last thing before I forget again. A few people asked me what fans those are on the bottom of the radiator-they're :
AeroCool Dead Silence Red Case Fans, 140mm.

These fans come in an array of colors like green, blue, black, yellow, etc.

So just some numbers, I OCd the cpu to 4.9ghz on auto settings lol.
My big limitation right now is the video card, but we'll see how the new ones look in about 3 moths or so. Anyway, I found it funny overclocking to that speed on auto settings.

4.9ghz.jpg

3dmark 9918 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3836927

Back