Acrylic water cooling build-FINISHED!

Fuck me I'd be paranoid as shit about deburring that crap, between the 'oh fuck did i get all the shavings' and 'oh fuck is the tubing too thin'. Looks great fucker, can't wait to see how it performs :) BENCH BITCH BENCH

p.s. For serious kick ass job on that CF look

what is the silicone hose for? or that go inside the acrylic as the actual water routing?
It goes inside the acrylic tubing to help it retain it's shape while bending. If you didn't have that inside then the acrylic tubing collapses when heated and bent, but with that inside it lets the acrylic retain the interior diameter.
LL

Fuck me I'd be paranoid as shit about deburring that crap, between the 'oh fuck did i get all the shavings' and 'oh fuck is the tubing too thin'. Looks great fucker, can't wait to see how it performs :) BENCH BITCH BENCH

p.s. For serious kick ass job on that CF look
Nah, if you can't or won't get it off there with a tool, a flat head screwdriver works just fine with a flicking motion. The tubing is all one size so it won't get thin after heating, bending, etc. so no worries there. It's just a PIA to do if you don't have a full on shop set up in your garage or house :)

six, you should look into borrowing or buying one of these puppies: Seems like it would help get your angles more accurately. Even though your jig you have set up looks pretty sweet!

images

though maybe it is too big, not short enough to get your closoe quarter bends....should patent one small enough for Acrylic Water builds

So what did we learn today? There are these handy holes in angle templates of the mandrel kit I have so I marked it off on my workbench and screwed that sucker in place. This gives me a stable platform and orientation for doing bends, which was quite difficult without doing this previously.

I ended up using less tubing, it looks better, and fits better where I want. Again, just a test piece and the same as yesterday but here you go.
DSCF7355.JPG

DSCF7362.JPG

DSCF7364.JPG

bend.JPG

Progress left to right.
DSCF7367.JPG

Last edited:
hell yea that is a sexy bend. Well, that is definitely an upgrade than your previous jig. Glad to see things shaping up for you in your trials :)!

hell yea that is a sexy bend. Well, that is definitely an upgrade than your previous jig. Glad to see things shaping up for you in your trials :)!
Thanks, I think it looks much better than the previous attempts. I'm looking forward to finishing this project :D

I think I would have done 2 90 degree bends; easier said then done

I think I would have done 2 90 degree bends; easier said then done
This. It shouldn't bee too dificult, the onlt problem being the distances between bends.
I have built roll cages in cars and its similar. Biggest thing I learned is having the bend right don't mean shit if its too short. leave extra room on the ends and you can always trim it down to fit, which is easier than bending to fit.
Looking great!

I cant wait to see your cpu>gpu bend. seems like it is going to be tricky.

I cant wait to see your cpu>gpu bend. seems like it is going to be tricky.
I had actually planned on running from the reservoir to the cpu, cpu to the radiator, radiator to gpu, and gpu to reservoir. I can change that around of course, and might go reservoir cpu, cpu radiator, radiator gpu, then gpu rerservoir. We'll see how it goes.

post a pic of that problem area maybe some of the guys can give you some ideas

wont CPU be a couple C higher running from res? i dont even think it would be but .8-1c diff.

So I got a double 90 degree fitting because the tubing wouldn't work with the reservoir design and my placement of it in the case. Anyway, small updates. I flipped the cpu water block around, shortened the other tubing going from the radiator to the cpu block, inserted the double 90 degree bend, and did another piece of tubing with 2 90 degree bends going from the radiator to the reservoir.

Now I have to take my rig apart, put the sound card and gpu in place, then measure, cut, and bend the tubing from the gpu to the water block and the water block to the reservoir and then I'm done; at least with the tubing.

Anyway, a couple of pics. I'm not sure if I'll do more today or not as this is kind of time consuming. I spent 2 1/2 hours fucking with this shit today in 34F weather in the garage and no space heater. Grrrr.

I haven't cleaned up the tubing yet so you'll see my measurement marks and crap on there, but I"ll clean it up tomorrow. Anyway, on to the pics!

DSCF7389.JPG

DSCF7396.JPG
DSCF7397.JPG

up close tubing2.jpg

Last edited:
Back