Acrylic water cooling build-FINISHED!

Yeah, I did use a heat gun and it was interesting doing that by myself.

On to the next one! I'm done for the day but some evil bastard, snakebabies, put the thought of a new MB in my head and I got the Asus Maximus Hero VII Z97 MB. I got the base plate for the cpu water block mounted on the motherboard, got that installed, then the rest of the fans for the radiator and a strip of led lights.

fansrad.JPG

mb installed2.JPG

mbinstalled.JPG

DSCF7314.JPG

View attachment 6163

Last edited:
Good god thats enormous! I know you aren't used to hearing that... ;)
It's going to look a lot smaller on the inside when the radiator and pump are mounted again, all the drives, fittings, and tubing.

DSCF7330.JPG

I was trying to edit the previous post to add this one but it kept fucking up all the other photos so nothing new, just a different pic.

Last edited:
wait til that 1liter freaking res gets mounted...that big open area to the right of the mobo our south of it it is going to shrink! That radiator is fucking huge!
Six you running push pull 140s on that rad? I see a sliver of plastic on the front of it.

As far as an evil bastard, this isn't "Inception"...not when you already started that nail ;)

wait til that 1liter freaking res gets mounted...that big open area to the right of the mobo our south of it it is going to shrink! That radiator is fucking huge!
Six you running push pull 140s on that rad? I see a sliver of plastic on the front of it.

As far as an evil bastard, this isn't "Inception"...not when you already started that nail ;)

Sliver of plastic where? Oh, up front-yeah that's one of the bottom fans.
And nope, this is entirely your fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)
And yeah, that's push/pull on a Black Ice SR1 420 radiator :eek:

Okay, baby steps today. I got the cpu and the cpu water block mounted, removed the red wrap from the D5 pump, rewrapped in black carbon fiber, mounted the reservoir and pump and the PSU.

DSCF7340.JPG

DSCF7339.JPG

Last edited:
pimp! all that space starting to dwindle down!!!!! I like that case!

I have the same case and sixer was hesitant; by far the best case I've ever owned if your into custom loops. The 900D has so many options for mounting stuff in different areas, a well thought engineering.
BTW six it's looking very nice.

Thanks, balls. I'll start hooking shit up tomorrow with the mb, drives, etc. and start with the tubing. Depending on how that goes, I'll get everything done. Wish me luck :)

i like the fact that a lot of wires are hidden by the shit at the bottom of case. with your SS, it looks almost mirror like:) good luck six! you can do it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, however I'm having problems with some of the bends I want to do and I need to find a way to fix that so it looks like I'm shelved until I get that straightened out...no pun intended ;)

I did get the motherboard standoffs, usb, SATA, and PSU cables attached and installed a blu-ray drive. Until I get the issue with the tubing fixed I'm in standby. Anyway, here's what I did today.

DSCF7348.JPG

Damnit! I know what went wrong now. Of course, after I decide I"m done for the day and pack stuff up. Gah, I feel like a shit for brains now since I remembered what the solution was as soon as I started to google it. Damn and double damn.

Holy fucking hell is getting the angles of those bends a pain in the fucking ass! Here's what I did for 3 hours and I'm still not happy but at least in the pics you can see the angles. The tubing looks smudgy because it shows every finger print or anything that touches it and I didn't clean it up before taking a pic but you get the idea. This was the 4th try for this one piece and I'll probably redo this one because I"m not totally happy with it.

My advice-get lots and lots of extra tubing. I wasted 3ft of tubing for a piece that needs 10" total for this one connection. That means I still have 3 other connections to make and I'm glad I have 20 ft of tubing to play with but mother of god is it frustrating because I'd measure everything out, figure out all the angles, and lay out markings on the tubing.

Then I had to cut the tubing, deburr it, insert the silicone hose, heat it, bend it, and voila either the angles weren't sharp enough (which means I planned it incorrectly) or the tubing gets so soft I have a hard time controlling the exact line and angles to bend in that direction.

Anyway, this is what I did today.

DSCF7352.JPG

DSCF7351.JPG

DSCF7353.JPG

that actually looks pretty snug and clean, like you planned it that way! I dont think I could mess with acrylic, because when it comes to fabrication like that, it has to be perfect. Id end up going through 100ft of tubing to get 10" right! Almost reminds me of conduit bending....

Heh, I did plan it that way...after 3 other plans went in the waste basket. And yeah, like I said be sure to get extra if you do this for the first time. I'd say get double what you expect and you'll be okay.

what is the silicone hose for? or that go inside the acrylic as the actual water routing?

Back