About Damn Time Dodge Does Something Smart...

boondokk

BANNED
BANNED

For the gentleman drag racer: the 600 HP, 8.4-liter V10 from the Dodge Viper has been shoehorned into the surprisingly capacious engine bay of the 2011 Dodge Challenger Drag Pak. A snip at $85,512.

2011-mopar-challenger-v10-drag-pak06.jpg

Wow wonder how it does at the track. The regular Drag Pak set up is pretty damn fast as it is.

i got a 3.4 v6 in my tacoma...... if that matters.

OH YEAH? Well I have a 4.0-liter V8 delivering 420! Yeah! And it can go around corners!

OH YEAH? Well I have a 4.0-liter V8 delivering 420! Yeah! And it can go around corners!

4.0 only at 410 HP, those numbers don't sound right?

. Even our 350's bored out to 355's produced 500+ base HP.

well sport bikes get close to 200hp from 1liter =O so why dont they use that technology in cars! Hell zx-14 and hayabusas I have seen with a turbo and 500hp! for having 1.3 liters

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5S1NAMnYKM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5S1NAMnYKM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgxgRKC3JIo?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Maybe with a supercharger on top of it. No STOCK 350 produces 500+ without major work.
Cams+forged internals+valves+ high compression pistons. We are talking about a stock 4.0 liter. That is approx 102.4 HP per liter. This is the target hp that current technology sets.

See what you American muscle heads fail to realize is that all the other foreign cars are making 100+ HP per liter and have been for a decade+. This is something that American research and developers have failed miserably at. Instead they just add massive amounts of displacement to account for there failure to apply current technology to there platforms. This equals poor gas mileage.

NO, no super charger, but we did run a 4-Barrell 890, but I forgot to mention that we used Airplane fuel and had a few aluminium parts. Though this was estimated HP after calulations from the Dyno shop. I'm sure I missing some stuff baout the engine though. I never biuld the engines I just raced them. Kinda how it works in race shops, LOL.

Yeah, the highest hp stock 350 was 330 or so...L46 in a 'Vette, I think. This is a pretty interesting thread, I'm kind of a gearhead. Small liter high-hp engines are cool and all, but usually fail hard at building torque, which is why you have to wind the piss out of them to keep the hp/tq curve in happyland. Hence the use of snails on a lot of them, boost is just a way of substituting displacement.

i gotta get that fucking smart car!!! that is amazing

Once again you are comparing apples to oranges. Bikes produce high end HP by reving the motor above 9000 rpm which is also feasible because most bikes weigh about 400 dry plus rider weight. That same hayabusa that is producing close to 200HP per liter is producing less than 100 ft lbs of torque per liter. Closer to about 60 which doesn't matter because the power to weight ratio is way different than a car. I could compare a bike to 8V92TA HEMMTT engine and it would be the same thing that you just did. Two totally different platforms serving two totally different purposes. And then to add a turbo on top of that and compare them is once again not even in the same ballpark. Stock technology is what we are comparing.

Funny quote coming from a guy driving a 4.0 liter that only does 12.4 in the quarter. 4.0 is a small motor. Looks like you should have opted for a little more displacement and saved some bucks and got the gt500. 5.4 liter, 550 hp, 12 flat in the 1/4 and you save about 30g's.

I made 623hp and 580 ft lb torque(462 AWHP on dyno-dynamics dyno, not a cheap POS dynotjet) out of a stock 2.5l 4 cylinder engine. You just have to choose your base platform wisely. I didn't have to wind the piss out of it. 6000 rev-limited which is usually what I launched at.

You got 623 hp and 580 ft lb out of a non-boosted 2.5 liter? That's what I meant to say, non-boosted small liter engines you usually have to keep the rpm's high. Just curious, what was it? I'm thinking about a WRX Sti or a GT 500 when I get back. The Sti would be more fun to mod, but the 500 is just sick.

Back