A note to the "Watchers"

gurdyboy

With the new server code, it seems to have gotten rid of the "blatant idiot" level of
cheaters. However, the next layer seems more curious, subversive.
I've noticed players with legitmate looking (but low) stats, with old "start times"
and no bans on the records who 'appear' to be the new group. The blkviper77 from
my previous post is a one example.
Today, Im watching a guy named SealTeamSix who led the team in scoring with a
somewhat normal score for someone who's good. According to his stats, he started
in 2005 and his last battle was on 2008. He had negative stats in most kill categories.
So even if he "restarted playing" so recently that the stat tracker hasnt picked it up,
then it's still quite a jump in skill.
Im not picking on SealTeamSix or even calling him out, since I didnt get first hand
evidence, he's just an example, but it's this type of situation Ive seen alot of lately.

"Old players" , "Clean records", "low overall score or rank" who are all of a sudden
able to lead maps consistently.

Are the hackers stealing or spoofing old, unused accounts or something ?
Are legitimate players digging up their old BF2 disks and getting good very quickly?

Anyone else noticed this ?
Opinions?

I have seen quite a few of these lately as well. They have accounts that started 3 or 4 years ago, but appear to have been inactive for a long time. That could also apply to me though, since I was playing 2142 and really did not touch BF2 for several years. We will keep an eye open, however. Those kind of players are the ones I always look up when I am checking the server.

I have seen quite a few of these lately as well. They have accounts that started 3 or 4 years ago, but appear to have been inactive for a long time. That could also apply to me though, since I was playing 2142 and really did not touch BF2 for several years. We will keep an eye open, however. Those kind of players are the ones I always look up when I am checking the server.

Yes, in your situation the stats would almost fit that pattern - but only if you came on the
server and consistently dominated the scoring against a good crew.
Your stats have the look of a casual enthusiast who plays the vehicles more often than
the infantry only and uses those damn flying things to annoy the helpless citizens on the
ground - heheh.

Hey, I'm just trying to raise those aviator stats. Problem is, I can't fly for shit (my joystick setup for this game is screwed!) and I have to rely on good pilots. I can't do it all myself like Badaaang - he has really learned the ropes in the aircraft in a short time.

I think a lot of old players have been reinstalling BF2 in order to ready themselves for the BF3 release, especially with all the talk of the return of many classic maps.

Then again, I'm sure you could pick up a used BF2 copy for nothing these days.

I believe that would be the best case scenario. A bunch of old soldiers dusting off their disc gearing up for the new release.

You guys are great. You ban honest players and never ban the aimbots/hackers/glitchers in your servers. Great Job.

Edit - For whoever banned me, can I see a with video proof or something..

You guys are great. You ban honest players and never ban the aimbots/hackers/glitchers in your servers. Great Job.

Sounds like someone needs a hug....

there is something called filling out a ban appeal. You should get familiar with those words instead of coming into our own backyard trying to pick a fight.

Thats why we have a ban appeal......so easy fella. No need for smartass sarcasm. The people here look at the appeals seriously and sometimes bans are lifted.

I did a search of all the forums and no one has accused you of anything and no Admin
has said they banned you for anything. Do you have other characters on the same IP?
Im sure they'll look into it for you.

Back