a little help here plz

bought new PSU a cheap one to get by using a lighter card with no issue also playing tf2 that doesn't stress system. so yeah im a gaming addict
ju3yPo6.jpg

temps on 7970 at idle checking now with CPUID HWmonitor is 51 C around 123 F at just browsing the net. ill get this afterburner and report
holy fuck that's high for idle 2D mode. My two 980ti animals with reference coolers (aka small space heaters) only sit at around 38 C idle.

we need to see a line graph of temps during game play. If you're hitting 51C idle you gotta be close to 80C in game. The zero MV is not a bad thing. IT just means your card's VRM doesn't support voltage software changes. That's why it is blocked out at zero. If your card had VRM software support you'd see a voltage value in there for upping GPU core voltage.

A easy method to test overheating is to take the case door off and stick a big house fan pointing right at the GPU and play. If you don't crash you got a thermal problem. If you crash you can rule out thermals. The AMD cards are notorious for running hot and having overheating issues, especially if you're on the reference cooler design.

the lower end 6570 right now just browsing is sitting at 50c and I can play tf2 no problems for atleast a 4 hour stint

LOL yeah but 6570 TDP is like 66 watts the 7970 TDP is 300 Watts. Like comparing a LED to a 150 watt light bulb.

I know I was saying that the power consumtion being drastically different but the temps of the cards running the same.

yes but with power consumption comes a lot more heat! So you cant fairly compare them even if temps are similar because the 6570 is not going to raise temps so drastically under load and the cooler maybe able to handle it while the 7970 is just power housing the cooler and it can't keep up.

im with ya on what your saying but is it also possible that the power supply is starting to fail so is unable to deliver the power the 7970 demands? ill find out hopefully tomorrow I have a PSU ordered and should be here so if that doesn't correct the issue its the card

ok new PSU and still the same shit. it was fine last night now this morning the random screen locks and restarts. so its the card SMH. anyone got a card laying around for cheap that will run BF4 I play on medium settings as it is so if it will handle that im all good. or anyone got any recommendations on a card that is equal to or better then a 7970? now keep in mind I have med bills coming out my ass, I have no insurance. was outta work for 8 weeks and only been back working for a month so money is tight. I do plan to send this PSU back for a refund as it obviously is not needed or hell ill probly keep it just in case since its already been bought. id like to stay 150 max or under if that's possible

What are you looking to get? I'm sure 10 of us can contribute 10-15 bucks to get you something :)

I wasn't looking for donations I have this old 6570 that will get me by until taxes come in I can still play TF2 atleast like I have been the last couple weeks, side note I forgot how much fun that game is even though its ridiculous. but hey if yall would like to help me out im not gonna turn ya away and as always will find a way to contribute back to the community

so I did a full format and reinstalled windows just as something to try it is so far so good, however im still using the old card do I tempt to put the better card back in and see what happends or just stay like this until I get money for a card? what yall think

Yeah I think most of us are a gaming addict to one degree or another. I've been gone a bit lately...spent about 1 week tiling in my living room floor where there used to be carpet. And today, just got back from a scouting camping trip with my wife and our 8 yr old "Bear" Cub Scout. We had a good time. Glad Afterburner caught that voltage issue for you.

I can send you a free 670 gtx 2gb if you want just let me know. It's a gigabyte windforce OC.

thanks chain ill let ya know what happends. everything seemed to be running fine so ive put the 7970 back in this evening to give it a go and from there ill know if my problem is fixed or if it really is the card

well I got about 45 min worth of browsing done before the monitor shut off so pulled the card back to this lil guy for the time being. ill pm you chain

Ok theirs your card back together :D

Their is being tested on my bench machine. 32 C idle and registering fine.

Their it is installed in the bench system being tested.

Their it is wrapped in it's anti static bag and on the way to the UPS store to be boxed and stuff in peanuts. Ill give you tracking number once it's shipped!

nice nice hopefully it fits my mid tower other wise Ill be modding the inner cage lol

more findings im now 90% sure its the mobo so any suggestions and how is gigabytes CS as mine is still under warranty and don't wanna wait

How long have you had the mobo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back