a little help here plz

so what kinda bullshit am I gonna hve to do replacing mobo only. never done just the mobo. reinstall everything or just plug and play

I can send you a free 670 gtx 2gb if you want just let me know. It's a gigabyte windforce OC.
You are one generous dude! That's the same card (well mine was a Galaxy card) I sold it on eBay recently for $107. It's a fast card.

With a new mobo I always re-install Windows, update the chipset, update the BIOS, then update all the Windows patches, then video and sound drivers, then whatever ...

ok everything has been installed since the weekend and im still getting the random screen freezes. not much left to move around other than Ram and HDs. but twice now when I shut it off and power back up it says. overclocking failed? but I have nothing OCed any ideas?

clear the cmos for the motherboard. You need to move jumped over with POWER OFF and then back to normal WITH POWER OFF. and then power up the pc . Hard resets the mobo

its the new mobo so not sure why it would need that but ill try it. I know what the cmos battery is but no idea what you mean jumped to normal and all that im still new to all this. also how do I know or check if windows is parking cores? @Chainspike

you should always clear the cmos on a new board just in case the manufacturer left weird settings during ops checks. To clear it refer to the manual it will show you the cmos jumper. You need to move it over then back to normal with comp not running but powered.

also make sure ram settings are correct... and speed. Load the XMP profile if your ram has one

im doing the single ram stick test at a time over the course of getting off work to see what happends started that this evening even though ive spent more hours at work then home this week wanna try and weed shit out so I can enjoy games when I finally get more than 6 hours at home

Back