testing higher HZ for DICE

Getting a lot of rubber banding on your guys All Map Conquest server since you changed it to 60hz. And new icons to the right of the screen that i haven't seen before... I know its probably not your guys fault. But i would suggest not having most of your servers at 60hz till you can get them running smoothly. Mainly the All maps Conquest on since that is the only server i play on with my platoon mates. Hope this feedback helps. Thanks

https://gyazo.com/f707b8208cf31a194184fd6e489aa169

I'll just keep it at 40 for now on all till i hear any updates (if any)

I've passed on your screenshot too.

Thanks for feedback

Holy crap. I knew it would be taxing... that's pretty substantial though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks for lowering it to 40hz ill test it again and let you guys know how it goes.

So everything seem to be good at 40hz on the All Maps Conquest. No rubberbanding issues of any kind. Or any complaints from the chat. Plus everyone in my Platoon love it at 40hz. Cant wait to see how 60hz will be once it get optimized

I'm glad you guys did something about the performance issues last night. I logged out in frustration at around 6:00 with a persistent red server side icon. Will try again this afternoon.

I like the 60hz , jets and helicopter guns seem to be more accurate now . Love shooting ground troops with 30mm jet cannon :D RUN FOREST RUN!

I constantly have the "low frame rate" and "packet loss icons" on my screen even though I have my FPS capped at 60 on vsync.

What happens when you don't cap the frame rate?

I've seen the server icon and the low fps icon-but my fps dropped to 90 when that showed so I'm not sure how relevant that is. 40hz...boooo! I know, but still boooooo!

Looking at some YouTube videos on the 60Hz servers, it seems everyone is getting those icons on the right side of the screen.

Maybe it's DICE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Just a little feedback.

I much prefer Lockers today at 40, seems a lot better than 60 was yesterday for me. The guns are more accurate, and the UCAV responds to controls better too. Yesterday it would barrel roll when you tried to turn it.

Thanks.

100% agree with everything joel said
Suck up
images

On the All maps server 60 hz was terrible. Everyone was getting rubber banding and the server icon the whole round...

Reactions: Ash
60 HZ isnt the issue running 60 HZ on 5 64 slot servers all maxed up on one box makes the CPU work much harder it was 60%+ running a box should always be 50 or less or else you will see performance issues. So bottom line on 1 or 2 servers on a machine great but not for 5 on a single machine. It's not efficient at all.

Now I forward a couple of your screenshots and I receive a response from my feedback for them

The first image might help him to understand what he is seeing, yes, and you should forward it to him.

Whoever took the second image was playing in a server whose performance was dipping.

If the machine is at 60% CPU, it will be using hyperthreading a bit and per-thread performance will suffer, so it makes sense that you'd be seeing problems. I would expect to see that with five 64-slot servers, since each server will generally run one thread that wants to use an entire CPU core if the tickrate is high. Lowering them to 40 is a good idea, but you could also drop/move one of the servers and probably run the remaining four at 64, just because it would give each a core without any other process needing to share the same core.

I could take on this advise an move one of the servers out, 2 of the 3 boxes have boxes set up to 144hz so I can make our 3rd one the same and move the 5th server out and then go back to 60 or 50, but im in no rush so yea

im not sure what all this is but at 40hz on lockers just now I was rubber banding like all hell

40 hz works great on the BF4 server that runs BF3 maps. No stuttering now.

Only problem is it seems like every jackass that takes one shot at me kills me instantly now. Of course that works both ways, so, its all good.

Back