testing higher HZ for DICE

my big question is with the change how now do we spot suspected hackers? as ppl maybe doing better then before and do the bf4db and fairfight all that acknowledge the change? ppl may spike in k/d and the such and im gonna guess we are gonna start seeing more reports.

I noticed those funny icons on the right hand side of the screen a week or so ago. Maybe you guys were doing a brief test or something. I played a few minutes today and got some stuttering. My card is good but I know my cpu needs upgrading.

I noticed those funny icons on the right hand side of the screen a week or so ago. Maybe you guys were doing a brief test or something. I played a few minutes today and got some stuttering. My card is good but I know my cpu needs upgrading.

This is still a testing phase so things may not be stable.

I dunno if this is the 60hz or not but things seem to be hell in Final Stand... it seems like everyones hacking almost. People are appearing out of nowhere, unloading a full clip into someone and no hits while others 1-2hko. Its driving me insane... I dunno if im going out of my mind or what...

I didn't do good but then I am tired. I noticed lots of people complaining (which isn't something new). I will have to test it more tomorrow. I ran into no issues tonight.

People always complain just need to find legit complaints.

SgtK it says 60hz on final stand but it is still on 30. Only 3 servers are running 60. I just renamed it for tomorrow's preparation. Nothing changed on that server

Ah then I am going totally insane or there was at least 5 ppl hacking in Final Stand... much more complaining was going on then usual... I wish i could look deeper into stats and get to understand them more

There is no need to go past 60 it will lag out the servers because it will use the CPU too much. I don't think 120 will ever work with 64. It can go as high 144hz which is crazy. So one our first box to test it went from 39% peak to 48% peak. So it got up there close to 50% total CPU usage.

Yes I was but it was only on Sunken Dragon. I'm going to try a few other servers tonight with that map to see if I have the same issues.

Edit: Hopefully this is not an issue as it is on 120hz servers being tested in CTE.

I tried the BF3 Maps server for a few rounds today. I kept getting the icons on the right consistently and shuddering sometimes. Though i do know i need to upgrade a few pieces.

I haven't gotten the icons yet

P.s. another 4 of our servers running on 60hz now

been getting the icons, but i still find it better than before. The only weird thing happening since the switch is my ucav does a barrel roll now when i launch it.....so disorienting but it wasnt happening to anyone else but me lol

Fast is it only in 60 120 144 etc? They don't have 45 or smaller tick increments?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

People are headshotting me but it isn't registering in game me stats

Good morning, I played on the BF3 maps server last night running at the 60 hz tickrate. I enjoyed it very much cuz of smoother vehicle game play in the jeeps and tanks. Even sprinting and movement in infantry mode was great. The chat box had lots of people complaining about it and i did get the icons popping up regularly but i know I have to upgrade my system and bandwidth . My point is I like playing the game at 60 hz tickrate. Great server in BF3 and BF4. Laters

Much better game play at 60hz. It felt more like BF3, and I never thought I'd say this, but that's a compliment. It was a noticeable difference in shot registered. At 30hz I averaged around 60% of shots hit counting and at 60hz it averaged 83% over 6 rounds of locker. I thought that was pretty miraculous. It was nice to shoot and kill 3-4 people with one magazine of an assault rifle....almost like a real Battlefield game again. :)

Edit: was it just me, or were headshots easier at 60hz?

been getting the icons, but i still find it better than before. The only weird thing happening since the switch is my ucav does a barrel roll now when i launch it.....so disorienting but it wasnt happening to anyone else but me lol
They are color coded. Orange is moderate and red is high.

http://www.civil-gaming.nl/bf4-network-connection-icons/
gsqiHR3.png

Fast is it only in 60 120 144 etc? They don't have 45 or smaller tick increments?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I'm not fast but there are only two options: 30 and 60. In CTE they were testing it as high as 120 and it caused the game to break with water among other things.

I constantly have the "low frame rate" and "packet loss icons" on my screen even though I have my FPS capped at 60 on vsync.

Back