testing higher HZ for DICE

The BF3 maps for BF4 server is not working well, has randomly kicked everyone off the server.

This server died 3 times in 1 hour

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with higher tickrate. That's the players losing connection to the server because the server lost connection to the master server. We don't control DiCE's master server issues.

Played several rounds in Second Assault server with everyone. Confirmed MAJOR shaking while flying jet, KhEuZz experienced this as well. Made it impossible to keep on target b/c the cockpit kept bouncing around like you were getting hit or crashing into something.
This would happen when one of the new error symbols showed up, an orange one with 4 rectangular bars at the bottom, shows up and the shaking would go away when that error went. I have no idea what that specific symbol means, but there's a new tickrate update popup at the beginning of every round about the news and the icon is located there.
Other than that, I really haven't noticed a difference.

Can you please take screenshots of the icon you are seeing and I can forward them. There are server icons and client side icons. If its client side icons that's on the individuals end.

What I could is lower from 60 to like 40HZ

Played several rounds in Second Assault server with everyone. Confirmed MAJOR shaking while flying jet, KhEuZz experienced this as well. Made it impossible to keep on target b/c the cockpit kept bouncing around like you were getting hit or crashing into something.
This would happen when one of the new error symbols showed up, an orange one with 4 rectangular bars at the bottom, shows up and the shaking would go away when that error went. I have no idea what that specific symbol means, but there's a new tickrate update popup at the beginning of every round about the news and the icon is located there.
Other than that, I really haven't noticed a difference.
Check post #38 on here and look for them. I get the FPS one quite a bit now that it's on 60Hz, but it's not game braking like yours. Maybe make a video and see if it captures the stutter? Also have the in game overlays running to show you FPS, packet loss, etc. to find out the root issue.

LOBO was kind enough to show me. It's the Server performance error when all this is occurring. Chat is also full of rubber banding complaints

All maps server is rubberbanding for 90% of the people. I seem to have read somewhere that 60 hz is only good for 32 player servers. The higher the player count the worse it gets. Moving to 40 would be a great idea.

http://imgur.com/pVI4teu

Last edited:
Only one I saw was the stack of boxes icon.

I've noticed my in game cpu usage is now 55% up 43%

crashing like a mofo, although it could be numerous things with this computer.

All maps is around 50 people now.Lot's of complaints. I am only seeing a minor slow down ,but have a constant server performance icon. reducing it to 40Hz or so might be the right thing to do.

Alot of people have been saying that they are experiences issues in the All Maps server. Rubber banding. Chuggish running and not so smooth scoping in and shooting.

We have alot of people leaving the server too.

A few of us on All Maps right now are getting lots of complaints about rubber banding. We are experiencing it ourselves. Just about unplayable.

Well the problem is all our servers are full and because of the higher tickrate our box is running at 60% CPU. Way to high. That's crazy I will have to lower to 40.

Back