testing higher HZ for DICE

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
The following servers will be restarted for testing the new tickrate. Its not official change, we are testing for DiCE so feedback is required.

Infantry only
Locker
Bf3 maps for bf4
Gunmaster

It will be going from 30HZ to 60 HZ. Should improve with bullet registration. It probably will take more CPU and bandwidth but we'll see how it plays out

So be sure to provide feedback

Thanks for the heads up on this. @HomebrewerCraig was having issues last night on Infantry only server with fps rate dropping.
Yes I was but it was only on Sunken Dragon. I'm going to try a few other servers tonight with that map to see if I have the same issues.

Edit: Hopefully this is not an issue as it is on 120hz servers being tested in CTE.

Last edited:
I hope it's not a bw hog. We'll see!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Can we try this higher tick rate with the Final Stand server?

Is it live now at 60hz? I'm going to jump into lockers and see :)

Can we try this higher tick rate with the Final Stand server?

They approve by box not by servers. I would have to get approval for the other servers. I don't want to go all out in case its some big failure.

It should be all on the servers I mentioned or next round. You can tell if you hit escape and look at the left. It should say 60 not 30

Its 60hz and so far awesome, now taking cover works better and shooting people is easier if you actually see that you hit. If it stays stable i love the 60hz.

All maps conquest
All maps rush
Final stand
Air Maps
Is now scheduled for testing tomorrow

It's nice to shoot someone and actually have the hits count. I'm going to enable the hit counter in game and see how much better that is.

This is a subjective opinion...but I think I played better than usual tonight on 60hz!
My hits seem to really count more than before. My FPS decreased a bit from a 170 avg to around 140 avg. no big deal.
@sixer9682 showed me how to display an interesting graph by going into OPTIONS-GAMEPLAY-ADVANCED OPTIONS - (scroll to the bottom) then select NETWORK PERFORMANCE GRAPH.....(show vs hide).
There is a lot of data displayed. Here's a link to describe it better than I can: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/37es9f/psa_how_to_interpret_the_network_performance/
Anyway, I'm digging it at 60hz and am glad too see it got added here so fast. Thanks!

Back