Get ya some of that :)

Yeah you could call and ask about the upload speed. They might be able to change the provisioning or something. Never under estimate the power of ISP's to screw up a setting.
this is true...i should be getting more than .90ish upload if paying for up to 5..I will give those dudes a call later

3448707707.png

Pffft rookie, try paying $80 a month for 75 up 5 down and having pages load anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds :( followed by A TEIR 1 CALL WITH A VERY IMPORTANT CASE NUMBER THAT RESULTS IN FUCK AND ALL. Not that I'm bitter.

i got 10down 1up for 109 a month beat that XD your lucky atleast with 30d 5u i could stream :S

3459959705.png
made a call, and that dude said that was strange, told me to run speed test, and see now, with desktop and laptop.....jumped 20dl and getting close to my 5ul.....

Though I think my upload issue is on my end. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips??

Well the jump may or may not have been fixing the provisioning but usually they would have said something. The upload issue could be on your end but thats really something a tech would need to come out and determine.

One thing I have been meaning to mention is your ISP could give you 100% of what they promise and your speed test not show it. Not sure if you have played with that variable at all. Try different servers to test to. I test better to Washington DC100 miles away than I do to the server 5 miles down the road.

This is pretty far distance to test to but can always play this this test - http://ndt.anl.gov:7123/ I use it when testing connections exceeding 100 Mbps as it will tell you what the slowest connection between you and them and is useful when checking against 1 to 10 Gbps uplinks, not so useful on your end.

I have tried 3 diff tests and usually take avg from 3 tests on each site...I have played with different servers ranging from Atlanta to Chicago. Since I upgraded about 45days ago I have yet seen DL break 51 or 52....the upload 1.2(at max)...>I made this call, all my devices (cat5 connection) are now showing 70 +/- 3or4..Laptop is showing 5up. (which is why I think a setting adjustment is hindering the ul on my desktop.)

Well you can find some guides on windows settings effecting networking. There is a small percentage of bandwidth reserved by default which can be manually removed. It wouldn't explain your laptop nor have I EVER seen an effect. Your OS has no clue what your internet speed is therefor I don't see how that was ever planned to work. It can detect the current adapter speed which even at 100 Mbps and 20% wouldn't effect your upload but then again... Windows lol.

yea..windows...laptop win8 firefox as browser...desktop win 8.1 chrome

dude suggested swaping browsers....but I dont think firefox and windows 8 like each other. and I am not using IE

Love those speeds though. Instant gratification with every download. Great thing is, Steam will typically give me 12-15MB down, which is always satisfying.
Yeah, last time BF4 updated I was averaging 13mbps compared to ATT 2mbps so it's a nice upgrade for sure especially at no extra cost :)

Going to be a while before the upgrades roll out in my neck of the woods. Speeds might be better when we move closer to where i work.

still better than alaska anything over 100 mb 5 up you need a fucking business lic for

Google Fiber needs to hurry up and get deployed in my city. =)

Back