Youtube

5I5O

Admin
Admin
Donator
Dont know if anyone else knows this. I read this on a thread. When watching youtube videos, add a PERIOD at the end of youtube.com. so it will not show commercials. it will skip it all. Use it as much as you can until they patch it up.

Example:
https://www.youtube.com./watch?v=eIonDr2OVZs

Star Wars Squadrons Trailor. place a period after the .com and press ENTER

Some sites don't allow ad blockers, but there will be a prompt that will allow you to disable the ad blocker for specific sites.

Better idea? Just download an ad blocker extension on your browser. I haven't seen a Youtube ad in years.

https://adblockplus.org/

They have been slowly getting them back in by making it part of the video stream. Not sure how it works, but it gets past ublock origin and my pi-hole sometimes and its not a DNS thing.

You can block ad blocker blockers by going in to your browser settings, and disabling Java for that site. Works on most sites, but some sites need java. I'de say 1 out of every 4 I've blocked java i had to re enable java because something didn't work on the site. In Chrome it's settings - Privacy and Security - site settings - javascript. May the ad blocking wars continue!

My brother turned me onto this, works well!

You can block ad blocker blockers by going in to your browser settings, and disabling Java for that site. Works on most sites, but some sites need java. I'de say 1 out of every 4 I've blocked java i had to re enable java because something didn't work on the site. In Chrome it's settings - Privacy and Security - site settings - javascript. May the ad blocking wars continue!
Thanks for the tip I'll definitely use this. Beats using inspect element to delete random nodes like I've been doing

Some sites don't allow ad blockers, but there will be a prompt that will allow you to disable the ad blocker for specific sites.

This is true, especially for news websites. I also disable it on channels/websites that I want to support financially by enabling ads. So far I haven't had any ads on youtube that get past it, but I can't speak for twitch because I keep it disabled for the channels I watch to help support them.

Back