Your prefered CC weapon/ Q for Policemen

bot102

Can't remember if I already asked any of you, so I'm putting up a new thread.

Only 2 months left here overseas. I've been looking at getting a dedicated concealed carry pistol when I get back. I currently own a EAA Tanfoglio Witness-P 40. cal. It's a full size, never carried it before because I bought it 2 weeks before I deployed from a buddy of mine.

A lot of guys here carry glocks, some full size other carry size. Not sure on a dedicated CC caliber yet though. I'm not too worried about a shit ton of stopping power because if some random hoodlem on the street gets shot by a 9mm or .45 cal I bet he will go down either way.

Just looking for what any of you guys that CC carry or would recommend me to take a look at.

Also, I know we have a few police officers here in the community, so, question for you guys. My pistol is not registered, I don't think it has to be. So if I get stopped for whatever reason, and hand the officer my CC permit, and he takes the weapon off me, will there be any issues with it not being registered? I know most states are different, but how would you guys go about that?

Love being able to have a CC under the age of 21. Thanks Florida! Pretty much every state that isn't California will honor the permit as well.

I don't own any guns, but Im pretty sure NYS, and for sure NYC won't honor any out of state permit. I've seen newspaper articles on people from out of state thought they can carry in the city without a city license and they got a free night in the local prison. NYC is probably the hardest place to get a permit these days.

Most officers carry glocks off duty because that is what they are issued and as long as it is a double stack of the same caliber a baby glock can tale a full size mag. I personally do not like the .40, it has high recoil and i prefer the 9mm or the .45. Glock's do not have an external safety which is good and bad, you dont have to worry about stumbling around in the heat of the moment but that also means if for some odd reason someone gets your gun they wont either. In Georgia you do not have to register you're fire arms, you just have to have a permit to carry one, but the way the law is written it almost doesnt matter if you do or do not have a permit.

My suggestion would be to find a store that allows you to test fire the weapons prior to buying them to see which ones you like or dislike. If that cant happen find some buddies that have different guns and see if you can test fire them.

Also what kind of holster are you looking at, have already, or will buy when you decide?

Maine there are no regulations on concealed carry except you can't have a criminal record of course. I have a kimber .45 that I keep on me when I'm not working. I've thought about getting something smaller but this does the job.

Haven't decided on a holster yet. Would prefer to use one just because less chance for it to snag on my pants or something.

if you have a smaller gun an in the belt holster is nice as it makes the gun nearly invisible in some cases, however you cannot tuck your shirt in. I use a blackhawk serpa holster, very basic and easy to get a gun quickly out. It makes concealing a little more difficult at times though.

I carry a taurus tcp with 8 round mag, and a extra 8 round mag. .370 I like it because I can just through it in my pocket and its very small.

if I cant do it with that I could always bail to my pickup and grab the AK stashed under rear seat haha. this is ND..

@ work carry Smith and Wesson M+P .40 I have put 4000+ rounds through it and it have never jammed or mis fired

If I were you I would do a transfer of registration just to be safe and no other questions. Here in Idaho we have an open carry. I have a Glock .40 G22 Gen 4 and a M&P .40. I have bigger hands so I can't handle anything too small but I only carry when I go camping or riding.

Kimber? fresh ass gun. Kahr PM9 for me, all black. Every state is different. Do some research on where you live or plan on heading to.

I used to have a Smith and Wesson .357 short barrel wheel gun. I like the reliability of them and easy as hell to shoot. Added bonus if you miss everyone in a 5 mile radius will know where you are...

The Unica in BF4 is based on a real gun I read up on it and I might have to drop the coin to pick that up.

Most reasonable states there is no such thing as registered firearms. Here in MO and KS you can buy and sell for cash without an ffl as long as you don't cross state lines. You do need a permit to carry in MO, on KS permit is optional and only needed if you want to travel out of state or are not a resident.

I have an M & P 9c, Walther pk380 and Sig p380 that get used based on what I am wearing and the weather, etc. I have inside and outside the waistband holsters to fit the situation.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Yea, good luck getting that in Los Angeles.

The guy I bought it from never registered it, because he didn't want the government to know he had it if they ever decide to try and take our guns. He is a former USMC Force Recon dude.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A lot of states don't honor CC,stay out of Mass. ! Ruger SR40 is in the console of my pickup.

If there are any good perks about living here in Maine.... The gun laws ( or lackthereof). Oh and it is also the lowest crime rate in the US... I wonder why (sarcasm)

A lot of guys here carry Glock Variants. Most of them Gen 3 - 4 Glock 19's

Back