WoW Intervention!

Wow this vid was great... kind of half-true, half-sarcastic/funny.

I don't know what people find in Wow. Granted I never ever played it, it looks instantly boring to me.

[quote1240110896=HeatSurge]
I don't know what people find in Wow. Granted I never ever played it, it looks instantly boring to me.
[/quote1240110896]

I know exactly what you mean. I prefer guns and explosives, WoW offers neither of those amenities.

Here are the very few "classic" (sword/magic) RPGs I've been slightly "hooked" on in my lifetime:
- Heroes of Might and Magic back in the day... loong time ago. I thought it was just a fun game for its time.
- Betrayal At Krondor. Something about that game just OWNED. It had a great story, pseudo-3d graphics and cool combat.
- Diablo. I never beat it (it got way hard at some point and I just dropped it) but it was fun for its time. Heck, the ortho 3d / 2d sprite graphics are cool even today and the game basically laid the foundations for a lot of the current RPG stuff!
- Fable: The Lost Chapters. Not sure if it classifies as an RPG, but it was fun for a bit. I dropped it before I beat it, but I'm gonna pick it back up to finish it one of those days. Just can't bring myself to it right now.
- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. - Another "possibly not RPG" as much as a "FPS brawler?" Source engine game with heavy first person action swordplay? Hell yes! I was left wanting more. Multiplayer is shit, but the game is worth picking up even for the single player only. If you want to buy it, it can be had for less than $10 and I loved the single player campaign. Some awesome locations, and I loved the FPS action (especially kicking people against spikes or off ledges lol). I have high hopes for a small indie game which is coming out in 3 days actually which seems to provide some of the same first person brawler fun... it's called "Zeno Clash" and it's on Steam. I've preordered it when there was a sale for $10... hopefully it won't be a disappointment.
- Gothic III - a surprisingly addictive game I picked up about when the 8800 GTX came out and I bought one(those were the days heh). Initially, I just wanted to try it because it seemed graphically heavy and I was looking for heavy games to see how they'd run on my new card... and I got hooked for a bit. It's REALLY buggy (even with the latest "community patch"), especially the combat with animals, but it's SO immersive I can't put it down. If you play it, BEWARE OF BUGS and SAVE OFTEN (even though it takes like 15 seconds to save). Backtracking is a bitch. I REALLY love that game. It just needed some more polish to be really beyond amazing... even with the bugs it's one of my favorite games ever.

And here are a few acclaimed (by reviewers / other players) disappointments which I have not been able to be hooked by:
- Wow (never tried it but I have no desire at all)
- Oblivion. Tried it about the time I got Gothic III. There's something about it that just made it look "sterile," "generic," and "lifeless" compared to Gothic III. I was put off immediately and threw it down after 1/2 hour into the game.
- The Witcher. It was slightly cool, but just couldn't find the amazingness in it that other people have. Maybe I'll give it another chance.
- Two Worlds. The graphics looked promising (reminded me of Gothic III a LOT = tasty), but the gameplay is beyond shit. Not even worth the download.

Back