Windows 8 leaked

Bob369963

Ban Manager/Moderator
Windows 8 leaked, caught looking a lot like Windows 7

By Tim Stevens posted Apr 13th 2011 7:08AM

You had to know it was a matter of time before Windows 8 showed up on these great internets for all to download -- illegitimately. An early version (6.1.7850) has been making the rounds at manufacturers and it's finally escaped the confines of beta labs. We haven't braved the torrent sites ourselves to download this, and we certainly wouldn't recommend that you do, but the screenshots we've seen definitely peg this particular revision as a slight evolution of Windows 7, seemingly not including all the revolutionary tweaks to come. It's still early days, remember. Plenty of time left for the magic to happen.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

I still won't pay for it, like I didn't pay for Win7. But, however I still use Win7 today. FOr PC users I just don't see a need right now to jump to Win8. Win8 seems to a focus on micro OS systems amd not a leap forward for Regular PC's. I mean think about the leap that XP took to Win7. I exclude Vista cause Win7 is Vista Fixed. Like that many people who bought Vista, yet only to be told that all the issues of Vista are fixed in Win7. Microsoft sold their users down the river with vista, me included. Like I mentioned, (just google win7 loader) I didn't pay for Win7, nor will I buy another OS from them for quite some time. Unless it comes bundled with an electronic device that I buy.

All in all, microsoft should be treated the sameway many of us fell about DICE. Wait an see what it looks like after it's realease. it's hyped up, the company gets a hard on and all the blood flow that should be going to the brain is redirected to the hard on, and most of the energy is spent on what they can do with that hard on.

@Guerrillero
"I exclude Vista cause Win7 is Vista Fixed"
Supposedly Vista was an entirely different structure than XP, while Win 7 is much closer to XP. I have even heard it said that Win 7 is nothing more than a XP on steroids and better graphics.

Personally I think MS is moving to fast on this. I mean Win 7 just last week finally overtook XP as the most used OS and there are still many users and corps not on Win 7 yet. I realize that it will be a long time before Win 8 is out, but I still think their moving too fast.

The problem with Vista was that it was different. People don't like change. Vista dropped support for 16-bit software. Personally, yes, Vista did have it's issues. Just like anything though, people blow it way out of proportion.

I agree with you Soulzz. I was a big Vista hater at first but most of the issues were hardware and driver related. Plus people didn't have the hardware to run it. Windows 7 is basically Vista with the biggest difference being that 7 isn't as much of resource hog. I've installed 7 on some older laptops that I thought would struggle with it and was really impressed.

The biggest thing about W8 is that it can be installed on all types of moblie platforms; I actually like my Vista laptop better than my W7 desktop; Vista did have driver problems; but, even XP went through the same growing pains. The only different thing about W7 to Vista is the bottom taskbar & XP compatibility mode; and uses less resources. Pretty much both the same.

Back