windows 8(.1)

Mine won't update I keep getting error x80070005...something about administrator privileges. Guess what? My account is an admin one, so now what?

Still no joy upgrading to 8.1

Three times now I get different error codes and I can't even find info on the ones I'm getting. It downloads, says it's upgrading, restarts, sits for about an hour and then I get a message it couldn't upgrade to 8.1 what in the holy hell is wrong with this shit?

I've got 8.1 pro and no love for me here. It does the exact same thing every time and does not update.

I've got 8.1 pro and no love for me here. It does the exact same thing every time and does not update.

Are there any pending Windows Updates? I think there was a "pre 8.1" patch thingy a few weeks back. But I could be wrong.

Updated ok here and got about 20GB back on my C Drive. Maybe it got rid of my old windows...

Updated ok here and got about 20GB back on my C Drive. Maybe it got rid of my old windows...

If you delete all but your last restore points this will usually get rid of around 10Gb on even a newly installed system. Might have done that as well as other things with the update.

Time to upgrade:

g0Zgf6q.jpg

Finally got Win 8.1 installed. It turns out PB had to be removed as it was causing a driver problem from the BF3 files. Also, I had a network driver that doesn't have an update for Win 8.1.
Don't ask how long it took to ferret out the latter, it took some time.

Long story short, I removed the network controller from the Device Manager, ran the update and it was done in about 10 minutes. :)

Back