Windows 10 upgrade deadline

Coming from someone who uses dos and win 7 at work to 10 at home, 10 starts the fastest, has very low cpu and ram overhead, and is dx12 ready.
I use to have under 1 min boot time....its now at 5+ 10 if its lazy..

I make a living talking people into getting over their fears of Win10. It has a number of really great features including a bitching search interface that completely replaced my desktop, and FINALLY an intuitive way to control startup programs (in task manager). Those two features alone are worth it for me.

only takes me 10-15 seconds to boot. I honestly have no complaints other than it not telling you when it is downloading updates

Can't play old games (sr3 for example) but in every other way it is just a better system. If you're the tinkering type, you will also admire win10s powershell.

How does it treat certain *cough* free *cough* downloaded programs?

Considering I activated win 10 free upgrade off of a torrented copy of win 8.1 and it works fine....

Considering I activated win 10 free upgrade off of a torrented copy of win 8.1 and it works fine....
lol... i actually bought windows 8 when I built my current computer for 25 bucks. Fry's had a great deal if you bought all your parts from them, you get windows 8 Pro for 25 bucks. Full version not a upgrade. I couldn't pass it up. I haven't had a full version of windows since Vista.

They took all the negitive feedback from Windows 8 & 8.1 and made Windows 10 as good as Windows 7 was in my opinion.

whatever do you mean? Did you borrow some software that you hope it works in windows 10?

The last OS I bought was Vista and only because it was on the PC when I traded for it. My 7 Ultimate was a torrent version that had a hacked activation. Had absolutely no problems doing an in-place upgrade this morning.

I bought my windows 7. I was referring to the programs that I obtained from the newsgroups.

I bought my windows 7. I was referring to the programs that I obtained from the newsgroups.
i miss news groups so much. Way safer and faster than torrents. They closed my site I used and started using torrents after

Hi everyone.

I'm still on Windows 7 with no issues, running an Nvidia GTX-580. (Insert ancient technology joke here)

3b62227e415d8b1492cf4746b2bde5bd.jpg

5dBWHkf.jpg

Thanks for all the input everyone, I upgraded this afternoon. So far, so good.

Sadly, my other pc (sound recording/editing box) doesn't want to update, even though the components are a year newer than this one. The installation failed, something isn't compatible.

At least my main pc for gaming is good to go, so thanks again to everyone who encouraged me to switch.

Last edited:
The only problem I had is the new AMD crimson beta drivers not install,only the old Catalyst 15.7.1 works.

Hey guys , I installed win 10 worked for a day then I get this message KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED on a blue screen . Any thoughts ? I got it back to previous build win 7. Should I try it again or just leave it ?

Back