Windows 10 upgrade deadline

I can't wait for Windows 10 to start using bash like Linux does. Going to be interesting.

I keep putting of going to Win10 because I want to do a clean install. Mainly because I'm not a fan of previous Win upgrades and I don't want to have to reinstall every damn thing on my PC. From what I'm reading here though the upgrade to 10 is pretty painless. No glitches, programs not running right or crashing except for the odd driver issue?

For what's it worth, I just let it upgrade to Windows 10 over my old Windows 7 setup, as opposed to a format and clean install. Everything seems to be working, and everything is in the same place as it was. Maybe I got lucky, but it was painless this way. All my files, pics, passwords, shortcuts, programs are there without having to find drivers or reload stuff. Easy.

I've had a hiccups with the default upgrade tool. I've used the windows 10 media tool from the website. And burned the iso to a DVD and boot from it. With it you can still either upgrade and keep your files or do a clean I stall. @JoeLeb I suggest you try that of you want to upgrade your other pc you were talking about

I keep putting of going to Win10 because I want to do a clean install. Mainly because I'm not a fan of previous Win upgrades and I don't want to have to reinstall every damn thing on my PC. From what I'm reading here though the upgrade to 10 is pretty painless. No glitches, programs not running right or crashing except for the odd driver issue?

I did the in-place install and had zero issues. I figured I'd have endless problems with the hardware I'm running, but it was smooth.

Back