Why do people cheat?

Carp

Can someone can explain to me why people cheat at video games? I just don't get it. Games are meant to be challenging. Whats the purpose of defeating it without the purity of playing as the designer intended? To me that's an insult to the designer, developer, and producer of the game. Not to mention the community of people like TGB that have to guard against the people that cheat so their members can play a fair game.

I play here because I know it's fair. From my view point the management here makes sure of that.

Carp

They are overcompensating for being deficient in another area.

tbgsmall dick.gif

I used to cheat in single player and offline games. To me it was fun to work on developing them by studying the game engines. A lot of the time I would get better at the game because of the extensive engine research. I'll say that is probably only 1% of "cheaters" though, the ones that use it online against people are just assholes.

People don't make me mad playing a game. Like I said it's an insult to all that play fairly. It makes me feel sad that they have to do that. Now if you hurt my family or friends that's a different story all together. Then I would be very mad. I'm sure that's the same with most of us.

Back