Whats the story behind your internet alias?

Frit0z

Kinda curious what everyones story is if they have one about how they got their internet alias or why they keep it.

for me i usually go by Frit0z its a name ive been using for about 13 years now, first things first i hate Fritos. they taste funny. My friend was making a clan when i was young and stupid. and he said hey you got to think of a good name but it has to have a 0 in it. i couldnt think of anything i liked so he said "Hey why not Frit0z!!!" I said sure but i dont like fritos. i kept it for a while then i went to Kamikazepil0tz again with the 0 but i chose that because i was playing a 2d space ship game called continuum at the time and i figured hey why not have a name that i have to live up to. so i decided i can only use that name so long as i keep at least a 1:1 k/d ratio in that game. Then i got word that my friend died in a car accident and in rememberance of him i decided to keep the name Frit0z alive forever. i do have other names such as Venom(main character in a fantasy/mystery book i want to write) and Kylar Stern(Main character in my favorite book) but thats about it for me.

Agent .25i was given to me several years back. We (a bunch of fiends in RL) formed a group call AKG. Just a bunch of potheads playing Perfect Dark 64. Members of AKG were given an agent number. Mine was quarter inch. Agent 1/4".
Alot of games don't allow for the / or ", so it was changed to Agent .25i
Why the quarter inch? We were building an addition to a garage, and getting it up to code for fire protection. Almost consistently, my measurements were off by a quarter inch. This was source of amusement for us, and the name quarter inch was born.
I dont know if it was the tape measure, or my dyspraxia; whatever it was, I just started ADDING a 1/4" to all my measurements, and things worked out. :)
Wow, that was easily 10-12 years ago.
I use Agent for just about everything online. The only game I havent used Agent, was in WoW.
My mains name is/was Trynrnthsbul. (pronounced try and run this bull.) He's a tauren, and when I set up the account, the running of the bulls was going on in Spain.

Mine is easy. Before becoming a man bitch I was a high school history teacher. I was installing Age of Empires to play with sixer and, while it was installing, I was getting ready for class the next day, a discussion of the transition of European civilization from the end of Rome into medieval life. When it came time to enter a user name any semblance of my very common name was already taken and, since I was working on detailing the political turmoil of the time and the few spots of decent leadership (hence the events that led to Charlemagne) I figured few people would use the nickname I gave to Charles Martel (aka Charles the Hammer, he of the battle of Tours 732 AD and other building blocks to transition power further from the disorganized kings to a new, Carolingian line). Thus Chuck The Hammer was born. Few students remember Charles Martel, Mayor of the Palace and military leader that helped demonstrate the weakness of the Merovingian system (if there was one). But give them Chuck The Hammer, and they can attach information to it and help structure their understanding of European development or lack thereof at the time.

So tere you have it, ChuckTheHammer was created out of the convergence of a need for a nickname and prepping a lecture for my students.

Mine came from what everyone has called me since I was in the Marines, Mac. It was much easier than pronouncing my last name correctly, which was changed from the original Scots Gaelic because of a misspelling on a land grant. So, all my friends and then students just called me Mac or Macinator and I shortened it to MacN8r because the other was already taken in EA online.

I used to fly a plane called the Zlin 242L now that i no longer fly that plane i switched to apachepilot because we own a piper apache ...

My name goes back to the first game I played online, Medal of Honor. The name was derived by my style of game play, on the gas and kickin ass. My most funny memorable online laugh game from that game. An opposing solider was named "Innocence Bystander," he would walk around with no weapon...and totally get blasted...LMFAO, everybody would stop and go after him. Anybody that's been in my squad knows that I don't sit in one place too long.

MY started almost thirty years ago, One day in May, my parents was blessed with a child. They named that child Ron C. Rigdon.

Of why I use my real name game? Personal Preference I guess.

My name was the result of me discovering battlefield 2 at a friends house back in 2006, my buddies and I had an game room that he decked out with 3 52" computer moniters that all ran Aleinware comps, since we always played together we decided to make a "Dirty" clan. My buddy was Dirty_ACeACe14, Dirty_Dirtson, Dirty_Pete etc. Lex is short my first name Alex and "Dirty" is derived from the group friends I hung out with all the time, which we defined as:"in combat to be resourceful, sneaky, ruthless, and extremely tactical, it means that you always have your eye on whats going down, and finding a way to adapt improvise and overcome the obstacles thrown at you." But what makes my story even more hysterical, is that when I installed 2142 me and my buddies were all hammered drunk, and as I was typing in my player name, my finger slipped over the T key, hence forth Diry-Lex Arose to own the year of 2142

Mine is from my original character on the original Everquest. Zaelen Darkheart was my dark elf shadowknight. I've gone by Zaelen ever since, EQ2, Planetside, BF1942, BF2, LotRo. Dont really remember why the 1944, honestly...

I guess I've used sixer for a while. I can't recall when I started using it, but when when BF2 came out I wanted to use sixer there, but there were like a million sixers. At that point I had also just started grad school and my student ID ended in 9682, which was also at the end of my student email address so it was easy to remember. I just added it to sixer. I've kept it that way since it's fairly distinct.

All I play is Star Wars games. So I thought Space Ace was a cool name.

But long, long ago, in a galaxy far away... I used to go by BANE. Way before BANE was even a name and before anyone used it.

I used to go by Darkcross many years ago, I then joined a DoD clan that all our names had to be Forces of nature so it changed to Mirage, which I dont particularly love so when I wasnt playing DoD I still used Darkcross untill more and more people were using it and I would have to add numbers to the end. So I picked Farstar. Farstar is an A.I. program from a Military Scifi Book about mans expantion into space. Farstar was only mentiond a few times in one chapter as a huge A.I. controled space telescope out past Chiron. I typed it in,in hopes that I wouldnt have to add numbers to it and it stuck. So now I go by Farstar.

[quote1253820095=Soldier4Real]
Because I'm a Soldier for real? Sorry, I'm not creative.
[/quote1253820095]
I know you got more than that hoe

[quote1253821244=balls2dawall]
I know you got more than that hoe
[/quote1253821244]

Nah man that's it. Btw yesterday was 17 years in the military and no deployments, it's almost fucking unheard of.

Runyan69

1999 McNabbs Rookie year. Titans Rams Superbowl, I wanted the Titans to Win, and all the guys talked about was Jon Runyan #69. Titans would have won if McNair ran the fuckin ball, but anyway the following year Andy Reid Signed Mr. Jon Runyan, bad ass man to help with the Gap in Strayhans Teeth.... Since then I used Runyan69 everywhere, so if you ever ran into A forum name Runyan69 anywhere its me. I OWN IT!!! LMAO!!!
The Man loves his coffie, BTW he may retire... :( Not sure what I will do.

[quote1253829588=Space_Ace76]
All I play is Star Wars games. So I thought Space Ace was a cool name.

But long, long ago, in a galaxy far away... I used to go by BANE. Way before BANE was even a name and before anyone used it.
[/quote1253829588]

Ahhh Darth Bane...

_____________A long time ago back in 2000 [link=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/ph/6519]Windows Millennium(link)[/link] age. My brother was setting up an AIM account for me and asked me what I wanted my "user name" to be I had to ask him what that was. I looked down into our software basket and saw [link=http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Trail-3rd-Pc/dp/B0009MF6LC]Amazon Trail 3rd Edition(link)[/link] So Amazon3d was born. Since then I have used Azomdeious (WOW), Larishet, Israils, IsrailsII (SWG), and Azmo (LOTRO). However Amazon3d is the only one that really sicks and follows me around. It is unique and I never have issue getting it on a forum or game. And if any of you bitches takes it in MW2 I'll make sure something most unfortunate happens to your computer. 008

Back