What is "camping"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPpinheiros

What is exactelly the "camping" pratice?
I try to avoid up to passing for near to the enemy titan in order that I not to give reasons for anybody kick me.
I think that this an unnecessary protection so is very easy sticks someone who is you waiting, and find much bored to fly with limitations, but since they find this so important this way, I would like what knowledge the definition of this practice.
If I am pursuing a gunship and does she approach his titan I have to give up and to go away?
If I see in the map that a gunship has just left from the titan, cannot I shoot in his direction?

Some minutes behind Suez was near to MY titan, I realized in the map that the enemy gunship was taking off and sent a group of shots towards titan enemy.
I addressed obviously in his direction and while locating the gunship (on top of his titan) I sent another hailstorm and killed his pilot.
I was kicked and when he was warned you "learn".

Here I am.

If I am pursuing a gunship and does she approach his titan I have to give up and to go away?

You CAN chase it back to its titan. Titan is not a safe heaven zone for anyone. Just be careful not to sit there.

If I see in the map that a gunship has just left from the titan, cannot I shoot in his direction?

If someone just left the titan then yes you are breaking the rules, give them a chance to get out into the battlefield.

Basically don't sit there and wait for them near the titan. Give a chance for people, transports and gunships to get out. You can certainly do flybys as I do it sometimes (for example: if their gunship is defending back of its own titan, you want to help your team go take him out.)

Fast, I kicked him.

You did chase a gunship back to the Titan, but you hovered behind and off to the side waiting for him to come out. That was camping. You actually tried to take me out (the other Gunship) as I was leaving the Titan. I kicked you again for camping when you tried to take me out from above and behind the titan when I was leaving it. My tail wasn't even out of the shields yet.

Yes you can do fly by's, but if every single one of your fly by's is timed just as the Gunship spawns and tries to leave then that is camping as well. It does not take a genius to figure out the timing.

I am rarely, if at all, anywhere near the enemy Titan. The only time I am anywhere near the enemy Titan is if I'm chasing someone back or the enemy Gunship is defending the back end of their titan and only IF someone on my team actually asks for the help.

Summarizing, in this server I cannot throw towards titan enemy be even noticed in the map that the enemy gunship is taking off, that the enemy titan even is in my field of vision.

Really do not they think here that the game flows better with fewer rules?

Yes I see that some admins like so much this rules
Even one changed, proudly, his name for "kicking"seed after I to demand that me ban from UK server after I to knock down his gunship with the transport gun

Maybe in 2008, other people like this rules too, since there were still many players beginners, who really were needing to be protected.
Nowadays the one who still plays 2142 has certainly conditions to play without this protection.

Bob, only now I noticed, sorry for "tried" to take you out.

Excuse me guys let me add a little to this,

First you have always tried to take advantage of our rules. I wont have you come in here and try to play innocent because you are not.
We have rules and we enforce them. If you do not like or disagree with those rules you always have the option to play somewhere else.

I have personally let you slide on multiple occasions for camping and honestly i wont do that anymore.

The rules are not going to be modified for you so stop arguing.

I was in that game with Bob. At one point I flew back to my base and landed on the ground pad to kick someone for ramming and you flew into the base and killed me. After that I couldn't see you (I was dead)But I could here you hovering next to the titan. Why come in here to ask the obvious? Be happy you diden't get banned!!! again! And I'll stand behind KickingSeed on his ban as well!

I got a simple one for you. If you don't like our rules don't play on our servers. No one else seems to have an issue following this rule.

I'll chime in here also - I have kicked you for camping the titan also. You tend to hang out behind the titan and wait for vehicles to leave. How do I know this? There are times when we will have the vehicle sensor up and wait to see if you will leave, not "actively pursuing an enemy back to the titan". You don't, you wait until a vehicle leaves and then engage it.

It is not a difficult rule to understand. I would think after multiple kicks/bans for it you would grasp the concept.

We've seen "What is "camping"?" threads hundreds of times. So we know it's an obvious lie when we see the "playing stupid" types of threads.

Unfortunately, this is the only server that appears for me with ping "reasonably" 140-170
And I like playing in him so it has some good players.
I hardly lament the fact of some administrators of using for own benefit his prerogatives.

The issue has been discussed and now its time for you to either follow the rules or be permanently banned from the servers. Continuing to post and beat a dead horse will get you no results.

Ok Bob!
And sorry again for "try" to kill you and your gunner three followed times

hey eu faco parte do clan, vc ja explicou o que queria e se vc gosta muito do nosso server e melhor parar agora antes que vc seja expulso, entao daqui pra frente follow the rules e nao vamos ter problemas, so estou tentando ajudar pq sei que se vcs continuarem a discutir so vai piorar tudo, a melhor coisa agora e pedir desculpas e comecar fresh.

I basically told him that if he really like our server he should stop, apologized and follow the rules from now on that's it. I wrote in Portuguese so he can clearly understand.

Thanks Dog, sometimes it is hard for us to make a point when we are dealing with so many languages here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back