VIDEO: Fifth Gear wrings out Ford's new 300 HP Focus RS

ErikStenger

Ford officials who are already sick of American enthusiasts carping endlessly about how we fail to get the "good" Focus in the U.S. may want to consider signing up for some bigger mailboxes. The 2.5-liter, 300-horsepower RS model is just now going on sale in Europe, and videos like this new one from Fifth Gear probably won't help to stem the tide of invectives headed their way.

According to Fifth Gear, the RS returns a somewhat timid-sounding 0-60 mph time of 5.9 seconds, but the RS promises keenly balanced performance elsewhere, with turbo lag that can actually be deployed to assist handling(!). In sum, the UK television program refers to the Blue Oval's 163-mile-per-hour hatch as nothing less than "a bomb in a greenhouse." Excuse me while I go take up gardening...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdAGKNogdAw

not bad but still a focus for big money

I don't mind the color at all...

FWD fails though. Maybe get a VW Golf?

09CCC424715363AA.jpeg

09CCC424715363AC.jpeg

Nie...i want to trade in my focus for that one. i do hope they bring it to the US. And the reason its so much is because technically its an import for them

Gah! I just can't see the beauty in those tiny little cars. How much does one cost?

Base price of the one that is out now in the UK £24,995.00. The replacement they haven't annouced the price yet.

If i was going to pay 25k for a new car, I'd get a slightly used one (like 2 or 3 years old) that is better and not a FORD.

Back