US Military bans Medal of Honor

sixer9682

<!-- Item fulltext --> The Army which got its big break by beating the worst mercenary force in Europe, has decided to ban a computer game which enables them to take pot shots at their fellow soldiers. Medal of Honor has created a storm in a teacup because it allowed players to play Taliban soldiers in a shoot-em-up.

Game Stop had already decided not to sell the game on US bases, but now it seems the US Army is ordering its troops not to play the game. "Medal of Honor" by Electronic Arts hits stores October 12 and while troops will be allowed to own copies, they will have to buy them off-base.

Major General Bruce Casella, who commands the Army & Air Force Exchange Service, made the decision last week, with the Navy quickly following suit. Kathleen Martin, a spokeswoman for the Navy Exchange Service Command, said the game won't be sold at any of the Navy's 104 exchange shops "out of respect for the men and women serving and their families’’.

We are surprisingly supportive of the ban. The number of friendly fire casualties caused by American forces is huge. When they start flinging as many bullets as they can at the enemy, the last thing that you want is for a battle stressed US soldier to forget who they are supposed to be pointing their guns at.-Fudzilla

Military bans video game 'Medal of Honor' that 'kills' U.S. troops | Deseret News

Britain's Fox said last month that he was "disgusted and angry" by what was a "tasteless product." Fox called on retailers to show their support for the troops by not selling it.
"At the hands of the Taliban, children have lost fathers and wives have lost husbands," Fox said. "It's shocking that someone would think it acceptable to recreate the acts of the Taliban against British soldiers."

Yeah I saw that. I guess they have a point, but... then again it's just a fucking game.

Yeah I saw that. I guess they have a point, but... then again it's just a fucking game.

One one hand I can say they have a valid point from certain perspectives, but like you say it's just a game. Then again, I'm sure there would have been a revolt if any game maker did a WWII title shortly after the war was done or while it was ongoing too.

It's a fucking game; i'm glad my tax dollars are hard at work for this BS; people don't say shit when they spent milllions of dollars sponsoring Nascar.

i'm glad my tax dollars are hard at work for this BS;

Yeah, and how about congressional inquiries into doping in baseball? Who gives a fuck. Seriously, that kind of shit needs to get sorted out within the MLB and has nothing to do with congress or the US government. Hell, we only wasted over 6mill on the hearings last I saw.

Or how about 60 million sent to Iraq in cash that mysteriously just happened to get "lost"?. I'm glad my tax dollars are hard at work there too.

i understand where they are coming from, but its a game.
Fuck that, I'll join the Marines just to shoot another soldier in the ass while his back is turned. Seriously? We live in a world made up of pussies. It's a game, get over it.

Soldiers shooting soldiers - what? Totally gay - sends the wrong message. (Especially in a game)

Gunning down unarmed civilians is a much better lesson.

This is how I roll - just got it for the kids.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6m6XXcnDJCI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6m6XXcnDJCI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

@Arturo ROFL! but its okay because their Russians, and everyone knows their the bad guys ;)

One one hand I can say they have a valid point from certain perspectives, but like you say it's just a game. Then again, I'm sure there would have been a revolt if any game maker did a WWII title shortly after the war was done or while it was ongoing too.

The Germans did not try to cut our heads off in the name of their fake god. The Japs, on the other hand would because they are bat shit crazy, but then we said "nah uh, I don't think so" and said "fuck you" American style and blew them the fuck up... they surrendered quite hastefully

Any how,

You are right it is just a game ,but just think someone somewhere had to create a power-point presentation on this shit and than brief it about 85,000 times to Generals, Commandants, VIPs and every kind of committee that you can possibly fathom. I feel bad for that guy, and then all on top of all that stressful bullshit he can't even buy his son a darn game.

I swear when I pin general, the bullshit stops and common sense takes over.

When you pin General? Oh yeah?

But this is just another part of what I like to refer to as the pussification of America. Do I agree with playing as Taliban fighters? No, but who the fuck am I to tell anyone else who wants to? It shouldn't even be something that they have the authority to discuss let alone make decisions for another man who is old enough to wear a uniform and die for his country. Like I always say when someone tries to make a decision for me:

I'm a grown ass man, who the fuck are you to tell me anything?

While I was in a few games were banned but it never stop anyone from playing them. Hell they banned Furbys because they thought Furbys could record classified stuff. What a joke.

When you pin General? Oh yeah?

But this is just another part of what I like to refer to as the pussification of America. Do I agree with playing as Taliban fighters? No, but who the fuck am I to tell anyone else who wants to? It shouldn't even be something that they have the authority to discuss let alone make decisions for another man who is old enough to wear a uniform and die for his country. Like I always say when someone tries to make a decision for me:

I'm a grown ass man, who the fuck are you to tell me anything?

Someday, hopefully lol.

Agreed, its fucking ridiculous. What I think is fucked up is that MW2 has you commit a terrorist attack in a fucking airport, and that slips through the cracks on Post, but if I want to be a tali-ban dude shooting other players online, NOPE no dice.

Can you say circle of gayness?

The Germans did not try to cut our heads off in the name of their fake god. The Japs, on the other hand would because they are bat shit crazy, but then we said "nah uh, I don't think so" and said "fuck you" American style and blew them the fuck up... they surrendered quite hastefully
You just reminded me of something my grandmother said concerning WWII.
If I recall correctly, her opinion was:

"The Japs done us dirty and the Germans were against God....the rest was man business."

In possibly the gayest result of the ban of MOH is that EA has renamed Taliban as "opposing forces". Fuck me! Now we have to be PC about terrorist groups? I know EA caved in due to business/financial pressures and realities, but this is the result of the pussification of America.

Americans have sunk to a new low. Oh, this might be offensive and hurt somebody's feelings and we could never do that! Right. Fuck off and I hope all you over sensitive cunts burn in a fiery hell for all eternity.

http://www.fudzilla.com/games/item/20380-medal-of-honor-renames-taliban-into-opposing-force

Americans have become a nation of you can't say that, it could offend someone.

Back