Tower Defense Craze

HeatSurge

Wow... I don't know why but lately there's a lot of "tower defense" casual game releases which are quite good.

If you like Tower Defense in general, there's a $5 sale going on for Defense Grid: The Awakening on Steam. The sale is awesome for me, because I was waiting for a sale on this specific game and 75% off is just OMFGYES.

I also recently bought Harvest: Massive Encounter on Steam as well for sale for $10 I think or something. I enjoyed that greatly and have not regretted the purchase in the least.

Plants vs. Zombies (if you saw that clip I posted a while ago) was released 2 days ago and it's been getting A+ reviews across the board: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/plantsvszombies

It's also a form of tower-defense-ish game... I'll wait for a sale on that though, even though it's just $10.

Anyway... does anyone know of any really good tower-defense-type games? There's a lot of free flash ones too so search "tower defense" if you don't know what I'm talking about...

They do get old of course like any game, but I had way too much fun with Harvest: Massive Encounter and I greatly enjoyed the Defense Grid demo.

I loved WarCraft 3 and StarCraft/StarCraft: BroodWar for the custom maps, like Tower Defense ;).

Back