think im gonna get scammed?

DeathPanx

some dude wants to buy my video card that im selling on craigslist and wants me to ship it to his friend in Nigeria and ios gonna add $200 for shipping do you think this guy is legit he wants to pay me through paypal! i dunno want some more opinions

you dont think paypal is safe to do it?

seems to good to be true to me lol $200 for shippping but i dunno who knows i wrote a little contract and ill have him sign it see what he says haha but im very alert..

ive sod things thropugh criagslist and got the moeny through paypal before i send it but i know they can file claims saying i never sent shit so i need to get everything straight so keep them opinions coming or ay information you know!

I would be very cautious. I also wouldn't do it if I were you. eBay is much better then craigslist in my book.

take photos of you putting it in the box at the post office if you do ship it. hehe have the employee sign the photo too. that way they can not say you did not ship the card.

take photos of you putting it in the box at the post office if you do ship it. hehe have the employee sign the photo too. that way they can not say you did not ship the card.

haha for reals this is what im doing imade my own lil reciept for him to sign and im gonna make sure i have both proof that i shipped it and make sure i get a delivery confirmation .. i dunno im not sure if i wanna do it but i could use that extra bit of cash you know... but i agree ebay much safer than craigslist scams on there all the time but this guy has been bugging me for about 4 days saying im delying by not giving him my paypal email so he can send that cash.. so i dunno

Paypal will fuck you if you do not ship (with delivery confirmation) to the CONFIRMED address in paypal, if there's ever a problem. Trust me.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT ship if you're smelling shit and:
- The delivery address is not the PAYPAL CONFIRMED address
- You do not do delivery confirmation (with signature) to the CONFIRMED address

This is an extremely highly suspicious situation (I'd say 99% likelyhood of scam). Most likely, it is a stolen paypal address or if not, they will just complain to paypal and they'll take the money back from you.

Again, trust me - you will be fucked if you don't ship (with signature) to the paypal confirmed address. And good luck getting a paypal confirmed address in Nigeria.

If you are asked to ship anything outside north America I would suggest not.
You can easily sell your graphics card on eBay, anandtech, or hardforms.

haha orght fck this then... i had a question im shipping a guitar amp to cali same ordeal but this guy ive been talking to for a while now and had the money transferred to my bank and i got it.. all i need to do when shipping is get order tracking pretty much is what your saying right? confirmation that i sent the item and what not..

I'm calling bullshit; somebody else here ran into the same problem last year. Soulzz is right about ebay; a least you can see buyer/ seller ratings. I've bought tons of shit of ebay, luckly I've haven't been burnt and I've always used my credit card; at least with credit card you have some fraud protection

Even on ebay - you are completely unprotected with paypal, unless you ship with delivery confirmation (+ signature) to a CONFIRMED paypal address.

Be VERY careful!

I've sold a video card to France before (a few years ago) successfully, but the buyer had much positive feedback.

Know the risks and don't do it if it sounds fishy.

It's not even money laundering - it's just plain stealing a graphics card. Classic case of ship + chargeback.

Open a seperate account for pay pal and take the money out after they deposit. Dont send till they deposit. and yeah you need shipping info/confirmation. As far as the Nigeria thing I would say no way. Never ever tie your paypal to your main bank account.

Back