Tell me this fan isnt 200mm... 230x230x20 my @$$

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
Seriously this thing is 200mm across that does make it a 200mm fan does it not?

DSC_0622.jpg

The only known replacement without contact thermal take is this nice Clear with Blue LED version - ThermalTake AF0047 Fan - 230x230x20mm, Sleeve Bearing, 800rpm | Techbuy Australia
Which is cool and all but its expensive to get and the closest place so far is Canada with 21 bucks shipping.

So when this thing up and dies and or i decide i want blue led's wouldnt this 200mm work? - BitFenix Spectre LED 200mm Fan - Blue (BFF-BLF-20020B-RP) - FrozenCPU.com

Only point of question is if its measure at the mounts and I still think it falls short by about 10mm.

You don't measure the circumference of the fan, you measure the distance between screw holes.

You don't measure the circumference of the fan, you measure the distance between screw holes.

Circumference.... wtf that was the radius and or x2 the diameter.... Circumference of the fan woulda been 628.

Distance between the screw holes puts it at about 210mm at best 220 past the edges. My caliper only goes to 153mm so I can only do halfs.

EDIT - BOT no matter how i measure the screw holes of the 140mm mount on my case its either way under or way over 140mm but if u measure the housing instead it is 140mm.

Testing the idea again on more conventional sized fans All i really have is this 120mm out of the back of the case. The case side to side is 120mm and the holes center side to side approx 105mm. This case is obviously different from the ones on 200+mm fans.

DSC_0623.jpg

DSC_0624.jpg

that ruler is badass

Lol its a digital caliper cheapo micrometer. Use it to check bullets and casings before loading. Check a cable diameter before drilling a hole shit like that. As far as the fan went i got the blue led version from Tt no one makes a 230x20 only the 230x30.

Computer case fans are measured in millimeters (mm). Make sure you use the correct side of your measuring tape or ruler.

Measure the width of the fan across the middle and measure the height of the fan (top to bottom).

Since most fans are square with the same width and height, this measurement acts as the total measurement for the fan. or example, a 120 mm width by 120 mm height measurement is called a 120 mm fan.

Some fans are thicker than others.
Measure the depth of the fan across (also called the thickness) the top. Most fans measure 25 mm across, but not all, so you need to know this measurement.

The complete measurement of the fan is the width by height by depth (in millimeters), such as 230 mm by 200 mm by 30 mm.

Read more: How to Measure a Computer Case Fan | eHow.com How to Measure a Computer Case Fan | eHow.com

Come on Erik i googled those useless instructions up 2 weeks ago when i posted this. With the mount squared like you would measure any fan the structure is at its largest 200mmx200mm. Measuring the mount its even smaller. Measuring across the mounts end to exactly how you would NOT measure a fan it comes out to 220mm. I finally found the blue led version in the united states and bought it since the risk of getting a wrong fan wasnt worth it. MEAT brought it back up to comment on my digital measuring stick and you saw the title i think. Sooner or later we will see what RENNO puts in his v9 case when the fan dies.

At work cant see it properly atm but the specs on the fan i bought from them say the fan is 200x200x20 though above it its still a 230x230x20 and the box says 23cm fan. The 200mm fan however the fan size is listed as 170x170. I couldnt find similar listings on the offerings from other companies so i had originally posted the thread to try and figure out wtf was going on. It gets a little weird above 180mm and even thermalright has 140mm offerings in 120 mount. I appreciate the input its just an old issue.

Dreaded see i was hoping 2 weeks ago someone would have came in like you so i could ask them this. If u get a chance can you measure it across the fan housing or half way. I already bought and installed my replacement days ago. But RENNO bought the same case so when his fan explodes it would be cool to know if thermaltakes fan is really 230mm. It wont matter his only choice otherwise is 200x20 due to the 20mm height limit in the case. I ran into a thread for my case marked as solved the last post suggested the 200x20 fan but the op never replied and thats when i gave up and ordered from thermaltake.

Sorry Bro. Iv'e only been on once in a while for the last few weeks and must have missed the original posting. At least you have a solution!

I forgot about that.

Erik bot was mistaken there buddy. No one was measuring circumference it was diameter. As well as the method of between the holes NOT being right. I posted pictures after he said that of a 120mm fan being measured. Between the holes it will be less than the expected unless you go across its more than. But if you measure it width and height its 120mm same goes for my 140mm fan.

Back