Surgery will be absent....

Space_Ace76

July 24th. till July 28th. Will not be online at all, apparently I will be recovering, or so they say.

Ouch! Then again, I hate surgery of any type. Take it easy, we'll see you when you're able after the surgery.

Good luck. One thing I have found in my last five orthopedic surgeries: when you can get back at them, video games help.

Good luck and don't spare the Vicodin. You'll wake up every time your body says you need one.

Uh, update. They only went have way on my surgery and stopped. Local anastisia wasnt enough. Almost shit my pants when he was drilling.

So now, Tuesday the 28th, I am going under and will be asleep for the rest of the procedure. Anyways, thanks all for the best wishes.

Drilling? What the hell is going on over there? Of course this comes from a guy with three knee surgeries and three ankle (including a complete reconstruction that included a cordless drill, wire cutters, and a modified staple gun).

No. The dude showed me his "tools" before the surgery. There were a lot of other goodies (including a grinder and normal surgical instruments) but there was a lot of work to do. The ankle joint needed redoing to clear out all the debris from playing basketball with sixer and the old ligaments needed removing and some new ones created from slicing a tendon in half on the outside of my calf and re-routing through a hole in the ankle to simulate my old ones. Ask sixer -- the whole thing was a bit messed up and left me looking like I belong in the Nike ads where they used to show surgical scars for athletes.

Yeah ortho surgeries suck but the rehab is 10x worse. I had my shoulder "rebuilt" about 5 years ago. They had to detach my bicep and reattach it with surgical string. I also had a torn labrum which was reattached with a 3.5 MM titanium stud drilled into my scapula. The worst part was due to scarring the had to knock me out again about 8 months later and snap my arm back to break up the scar tissue. It's still not right. Anyway best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Back