Still cant play Battlefield

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it's still broken. Waiting on phone now to talk to ISP again to have a new modem mailed out to me.

I worked in cable for 10 years..Kevins statement (above) is a common problem. If you have cable internet you have a bad fitting, splitter, splitter configuration or a bad line somewhere. If you don't know how to correct these issues, you will need to have a technician test the lines with his meter to test for SNR (signal to noise) and RF levels.
lol this dude is speaking my language.

but yeah if its dropping like you describe there is an issue with the rf levels somewhere.

It's not your modem. Several have told you this already when you did the trace route; there's a break in connection from your ISP-all they have to do is fix that by rerouting it on their end.

but yeah if its dropping like you describe there is an issue with the rf levels somewhere.

Nice avatar!!! I see you have climbed many poles yourself! i hated those nasty winters and being on call knowing that phone could ring at anytime!!!

Nice Avatar! I see you have climbed some poles yourself!! I decided to retire and get away from the long winters and get away from being on call! I got sick of staying by the phone knowing it could ring at anytime. I worked mostly rural areas where the snow and roads were pretty bad. Stay safe mate!

Nice Avatar! I see you have climbed some poles yourself!! I decided to retire and get away from the long winters and get away from being on call! I got sick of staying by the phone knowing it could ring at anytime. I worked mostly rural areas where the snow and roads were pretty bad. Stay safe mate!

im on the maintenance side now thankfully so at least i have a bucket lol but yeah i definitely understand the feeling. luckily we rotate our on call so youre only on call one day a week!

Dude..almost forgot...this worked for me when I had your problem.

Use google's DNS...

try it now

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using#google_public_dns_ip_addresses

C7JbEjg.png

@ScreaminAtSheep

can i ask who your isp is? depending on who it is i may actually be able to give you some info.

Uh....I'm not sure what happened. it's fixed itself. Still using the old router/modem combo, the new one still doesn't work, but I got home from work last night and noticed I didn't have any drops at all in the 3 hours I had a stream up.. played a 2 or so rounds of Battlefield no drops, this morning had a stream going for nearly 3 hours, and no drops!

so.... I guess it's fixed? Strange..

Back