St. Louis-area dealer thinks Hummers and firearms go together like Smith & Wesson

ErikStenger

guns-hummers.jpg

Peanut butter and jelly. Burgers and fries. Hummers and, um, handguns? That's right, where else but in the good ol' U. S. of A. could such necessary staples of everyday life be bundled together under one roof?

Like many other Hummer dealers, Jim Lynch, the man behind Lynch Hummer of Chesterfield, Missouri (a suburb of St. Louis), found himself with lots of vacant floorspace after fuel prices, the economic downturn and the court of public opinion conspired to restrict vehicle sales at his fine establishment. What to do? Seems rather obvious to us – add firearm and ammunition sales, what else? According to Lynch, "It is a natural fit. Our customers enjoy outdoor sports and the firearms have been a big hit with our Hummer owners."

It's all about customer service, says Lynch, "We take our mission of providing a pleasant shopping environment for our customers very seriously... We sold our first Hummer online in 1995 and have been a leader in online sales of off-road parts and accessories through our Adventure Accessories web site for many years. We plan to do the same with firearms and accessories on our website."

Interested in adding both a Hummer and a new Glock (or Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Kimber, Colt, Benelli, Beretta, Browning, FNH, H&K, Springfield Armory, Ruger, Walther, Stoeger, Franchi, Uberti, CMMG, DPMS, Bushmaster or Barrett) to your arsenal? Click here to visit GunsAndHummers.com and hit the jump for the official press release. In the meantime, we'll be waiting for the first Mini dealer paired with a Starbucks franchise.

http://www.gunsandhummers.com/

I use to live in St Peters, just outside of St Louis :)
This reminds me of the North Country Bank And Trust Company in Traverse City, Michigan (a Federally-licensed firearms dealer), offers, as a gift, a choice of long-guns for individuals with their certificates of deposit. The program is 12 years old and this chain of banks has given away hundreds of these long-guns. You may remember them from the cinematic suppository - Bowling for Columbine.
I'm sure, like the bank, the dealership has/gets ample information on the person getting the firearm. Probably more than a regular Firearms acquisition certificate. (or whatever it is called in the US)

I just hope they gun racks there too.

I'll take the SVD on the right, thank you very much.

I wish, I'll take the P90 in the center though... all they need is a few grenades, and I know where I'm moving :D

Back