Some GameME Suggestions for Insurgency Servers

AkH Prevent [Alt]

I noticed that weapons have modifiers on them, meaning that more difficult weapons earn you more points than more powerful ones. And that's cool.

But I have a couple suggestions...
  • IED/C4: Right now, the frag grenades and IED's have their modifiers set to 3.0. I think that's fine for the grenades because they are difficult to use effectively, but I think the IED/C4 should be 0.5 (or lower). It would encourage people to use them for destroying caches and the occasional room clearing, but right now it really unfairly rewards people who use them to spawncamp. Say someone plants a C4 at spawn and they get 3 players. Assuming those players are worth 2 points each, they just got 18 points for pushing a button. If they used a gun for those kills, they would have only gotten 6 points (and probably less players). And if you factor in that one or two of those players could be worth 4 points... well, you get the point. Of course people will continue to use them to spawncamp, but we could at least remove one of the benefits and I think that would be a good move.
  • Shotguns: The Sterling has a modifier of 2.0, but the shotguns still have 1.0 modifiers. I think the shotguns should at least be on par with the Sterling, if not a bit higher in the modifier area. Maybe 3.0 like grenades? You really need to earn them shotty kills, lol.
  • Knives: The Ghurka is set @ 2.0 so it's on par with the Sterling, but I think everyone agrees that the knife is a very high risk weapon to use. Maybe set it @ 4.0? I also noticed that the KABAR is still set to the 1.0 modifier. It should be equal to whatever the Insurgent knife is.
I think that's about it, everything else looks good.

Oh yeah, GameME doesn't recognize our weird ass ┐AkH└ tags. I know they have a function to set patterns and stuff in the control panel, so if you guys could make GameME recognize our clan tags that would be awesome too. But that's not really a big deal.

I'm not totally sure those modifiers work. I've killed ppl with the Sterling just to see if I got more points. I did not get more points. Same with the knife. I've never paid attention to the other weapons with higher modifiers.

just checked GameMe options, only limited to score points in general not by weapon, sadly.

Oh I thought it was configurable server-side by changing the modifier. I saw awhile back that some of the modifiers were different (Sterling had a 3.00 modifier but now it's 2.00) so I assumed that admins could configure that stuff themselves. But I guess GameMe over time changes modifiers on stuff to what they consider fair and it's just applied to all servers.

I guess this is something to send to GameMe themselves, at least for the knife. Granting one team's knife a higher modifier is obviously not intended and given how they are tweaking modifiers for this game, they obviously must be using them for something on the backend.

And about not seeing modifiers applied to the points in the chat when you kill someone, I guess it depends which variable the plugin is spitting out. It could just be giving you the # of points you gained from the kill based on respective ranks, before it takes into account modifiers and stuff. Unless the modifiers don't affect points at all and instead affect the "skill rating" that GameMe ranks players globally by.

Lots of unanswered questions I guess!

Back