So I got my First Hackusation.....

Rocinante

Well, it's not exactly a Hackusation, but I was called a cheater tonight by two guys. I'm not sure if any of you guys have/ or currently race slotars. We run 1/24th scale stamp steel chassis ( Parma 1 and 2 series). Anyways, these guys use like $300 digital controllers that have digital brakes, digital throttle etc. Meaning they have circuitry and I use an 20-year old Analog controller, with a 10 year old chassis and 3 year old motor. IN comparrison these guys buy motors like every six months. We all have to run the same car parts, if a fixed class, no motor adjustments, but with limited gearing.

So I rebuilt my car this week since I am out of work, well I made some nice changes/ fixes that I would have never spotted had I not completely rebiult my car. So this evening I set the track record, and score enough laps that when I broke a bushing with 2 minutes left in the race, I still finished 2nd only 4 laps behind the guy that won.
Thse guys was flabbergasted that I was running circles around them. I think the thing that pisses them off the most is that they have like $500 more invested in these cars than I do and I'm running outdated equipment. LOL

SO in short, I offered for the price to replace my motor, they could tear apart my car to see if I was cheating. But I said if I race next week and beat you, "you have publically apologize". Well the main guy that was causing a stink has some real ego issues and wouldn't agree to it. The whole time the track owner is just laughing his ass off cause he knows that I'm beating them fair and square with better driving.

SO, it turn I got a stroke of my ego, and I kinda needed it since I got " laid" off from work.

Well, I hope you ennjoyed, if you need me to explain in further detail as to what hell I'm talking about, Id be happy to do so. :)

P.S. it's amazing how pissed people get over little things, like a $4 entry fee race! it's not as if we are nascar drivers, LOL

Nice job. Guess they couldn't "buy" their game with pricey gear. Own them again next weekend and really piss them off.

Yeah, cool story bro.....but what really happened?

Just kidding man, I can't say I've ever been accused of cheating in anything other than a video game.......sigh.

Back